HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Arizona EZ Fletch (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/112379-arizona-ez-fletch.html)

Scoobiedoo 09-11-2005 04:54 PM

Arizona EZ Fletch

Has anyone had any experience with the Arizona EZ Fletch jig?

Any good? Any tips or things I need to know?

I have always used a JoJan Fletching Jig.

bobo27 09-12-2005 06:47 AM

RE: Arizona EZ Fletch

works ok, may not be good as pro jig. I would recommend that if you shoot carbons to get the carbon model. I wouldn't user a super glue type agent with it. It will be hard to clean if you did. The best glue for that jig is the bohning glue for carbons, it's mroe like a model airplane glue than super glue.

Scoobiedoo 09-12-2005 06:51 AM

Thanks - but I don't shoot carbons - I shoot 2117 Game Getters.

bobo27 09-12-2005 07:33 AM

I suggest getting the aluminum model, it's green and beige. I believe Bohning makes an aluminum glue as well.

I suggest not to use a super glue though. If any of the glue gets on the jig it'svery hard to clean.

Scoobiedoo 09-12-2005 07:39 AM

I don't ever use Super Glue. I only use Bohning Fletch Tite. Cleaning my shafts and vanes prior to fletching with acetone has always given me a rock-solid bond that sometimes makes removing them to re fletch a chore! But - my feathers and vanes never come off unless I want them to!

bobo27 09-12-2005 09:14 AM

Then your all set and the EZ-Flecth should be a great buy for off and on the field use.

Doefever 09-17-2005 12:30 AM

Scoobiedoo---I too shoot 2117s. The Arizona E-Z Fletcher is the only fletcher I have ever used but I think it's great. Never had a problem.You can do all 3 vanes at once or just refletch 1 or 2 if needed. Like you, I use Bohning Fletch Tite glue.

Bowtech Joe 09-19-2005 12:19 PM

I like mine, it is simple to use.

Check your arrow diameters before you buy. I use the aluminum model for my carbon arrows because of the diameter. I actually got it cheap off ebay because the seller was switching to carbon arrows so they bought a carbon EZ fletch and put the aluminum on ebay.

As for glue i have used both super glue and Bohning fletch tite. I just keep a light coat of vaseline on the EZ fletch arms to keep the glue from sticking to them.

Deer902 09-21-2005 01:45 PM

I like my Ez fletch. It has saved me many trips to the pro-shop. I also use the aluminium one for my carbons and it works fine.

Ohioredneck66 09-22-2005 11:35 AM

My cousin has one and he seems to be real happy with it. For the money, doesnt seem like you can beat it. Ive watched him fletch a few and it looks fast and simple.