Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Wanting a new arrow rest...... >

Wanting a new arrow rest......

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Wanting a new arrow rest......

Old 09-17-2005, 07:28 AM

Default RE: Wanting a new arrow rest......

I've been shooting the Muzzy Zero Effect drop away for the last 5 yrs in archery league and hunting it's the best rest i've ever used,i'll never use anything else. sorry no picture but its pretty much impossible for your arrow to fall off of the rest!
Old 09-17-2005, 11:51 PM
Typical Buck

From a hunting standpoint I like a WB. You will get a bunch of differant opinions because, like most aspects of archery, it comes down to a personaldecision. What is right for me may bewrong for you and vice versa. Part of the fun, for me anyway,is tinkering with you bow and equipment. I just get it dialed in and leave it alone other than practice about a month before season starts.

SF
Old 09-18-2005, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

how would the quicktune 2000 or 4000 compare?
Old 09-18-2005, 08:55 PM

LOVE MY WB!
Old 09-20-2005, 05:02 PM

Ok im not to familiar with the WB, but wouldnt the fletching hit the small hairs that stick out and mess up the arrow flight?
Old 09-22-2005, 02:14 AM

I USE THE TROPHY TAKER SINCE CHANGING TO IT I SHOT MY FIRST PERFECT ROUND AT A 3D TOURNY. ALSO HAD 2 ROBBIN HOODS SINCE AND I REGULARLY SHOOT 300 BEFORE I WAS IN THE 280 TO 290'S SO IT HELPED ME.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:48 PM

ORIGINAL: texasbowhunter093

Ok im not to familiar with the WB, but wouldnt the fletching hit the small hairs that stick out and mess up the arrow flight?
I dont see any affect on arrow flight with WB i speed tested it using WB and a Nap rest With the Nap i shot 275 fps and the WB was 273 fps so the 2 fps is no problem i love the fact i dont have to worry about my arrow falling off my rest one less thing to worry about.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would strongly suggest a Kaz-away or Ultimate Fall Away rest from Vital Bow Gear. You get a completely stable arrow hold that is perfect for stalking (ala WB), and you get all the benefits of a fall-away rest. Sure there are moving parts but in several hundred shots and almost 2 years later, I have never had a problem with mine. You can see them at http://www.vitalbowgear.com/arrow_rests.cfm.

EDIT: My Ultimate Fall Away is virtually silent right out of the box. There is no need for moleskin with these rests.
Ditto! Simply the BEST in my opinion! I have the VBG Kaz-Away on my Bowtech!
Old 09-22-2005, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

I recently got a Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter, put moleskin on it, and absolutely love it. I would recommend it!!
Old 09-25-2005, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was an advocate of the WB for along time. Still am , I think it's a great no nonsense hunting rest for close encounter hunting.

I always use to chuckle at the term "forgiveness" in archery , simply because I never noticed a difference in accuracy between short brace heights and bigger brace heights , longer ata or shorter ata. I tried a few dropaways awhile back and most recently a popular one ,(yes the term "forgiveness" went along with this dropaway) only to toss the piece of junk in my tackle box after one week of use , and this was a dropaway made by a very respectable archery company , one we all know.

Having seen all the great reviews on the Muzzy Zero Effect here over the last few years or so , I picked one up for a good price off ebay last year. I tinkered with it a little ,but it was too close to hunting season for a complete change , and I was struggling with getting it setup perfect ,so I put my WB back on and put the MZE in my tackle box.

This year I decided to give the MZEa full blown try. Man I'm glad I did!!!!!!
I have finally found a good place for the term "forgiving" in archery.
When you get the MZE set up properly , and it passes all tests clearly showing it's working the way a dropaway was intended to work , I guarantee you'll notice a difference in your accuracy , and most important , consistancy down range , 30 yards and beyond.

The MZE gets a 5 star rating from this bowhunter!

Quick Reply: Wanting a new arrow rest......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.