Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 my stealth cam odessy continues >

my stealth cam odessy continues

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

my stealth cam odessy continues

Old 08-30-2005, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default my stealth cam odessy continues

I have posted several times over the past year of 2 on my problems with my 1.3 MP stealth cam. 1st battery life was negligible (bad). then it didn't work properly (bad). they sent me a new one, and upgrade to the 3.0 MP for free (good). camera didn't work off solar panel (bad). takes decent pics (good). battery life still negligible (bad). got the 12 V battery pack and it is going strong after nearly 2 weeks (good). the problem now is the delay when the picture is taken (ame with orginal one, as well) - I can walk all the way up to the camera and open it before it will snap a pic (BAD). the cuddeback comercial is right on with its comparison (at least for the stealth cam) - it takes all of 8 seconds and more to snap the pic (bad). over 1.5 week got 16 pics (2 per event) and only one event had deer (or anything)in it (bad). I don't know why they can't make something that works right. the frustration continues.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:09 PM

Default RE: my stealth cam odessy continues

I too am a Life Member of the NAHC.
Old 08-31-2005, 05:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: my stealth cam odessy continues

Interesting comments and much appreciated. I am still kicking around the idea of getting a digital game camera for next year's preseason scouting. After your post I believe the Stealth is off my list.