Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Eastmans Titanium Terminator 100 >

Eastmans Titanium Terminator 100

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Eastmans Titanium Terminator 100

Old 08-23-2005, 09:42 PM

Default Eastmans Titanium Terminator 100

The other day I was wandering around in WalMart and looking at broadheads. I noticed that they had Eastmans Titanium Terminator broadheads on the rack for $6.97 per pack!! I shoot Muzzy 100 gr 3 blade heads, and love them. but I told the wife that for the price I had to see why they were so cheap, they had to be junk and I was going to buy a pack to find out why no one else should buy them. Well I got a pack, of 3 heads, 100 grain fixed blades, small short heads, 1" cut diameter I think. The first test when I opened the pack was to test sharpness, I tried to shave hair off of my arm, but cut myself a little because the angle of the blade (the blades arent removeable) so I tried paper, and it cut a sheet of paper easily. Next I screwed them onto several different arrows, and spun them to test straightness, of the three, one had a tiny wobble, anther wobbled almost undetectably, and the other was perfectly straight. The worst one had hardly any wobble at all, I checked very closely, but it did have a tiny amount. I did notice that the blades arent removeable, so that is one point, they are a one shot deal, you cant replace the blades, but for the price who cares. I have shot each one several shots now and they are all flying true, and hitting right with my field points, my bow is also tunede well, but they flew better than I expected. I guess all in all, I was pretty impressed with these heads, I really expected them to be junk and to get what I paid for, but I cant find anything wrong with them, other tham not being able to replace the blades, so you couldnt shoot every head before hunting with it unless you are good at sharpening them back. I was planning to knock these heads and post here about how bad they were, but I have to say, if someone needed a head that worked for cheap, I wouldnt talk them out of buying them. Ill probably still hunt this year with my Muzzys, since I have a new pack ready to go, but I am goint to pack one of these in my quiver and try it out on a deer, to see if I can find anyhting wrong with them. Sorry for the long post, just wanted everyone to know decent quality can be had for cheap somethimes.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Eastmans Titanium Terminator 100

I tested them last year and they didn't do too well. Blade loss was a problem along with sharpness. They do shoot well however.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:51 PM

Default RE: Eastmans Titanium Terminator 100

5-shot.. Yes I was thinking that blade strength was going to be the next thing I tested on them, Im planning on shooting them through plywood and a barrel today or tomorrow to see how they perform. I didnt think the blades were terribly dull, no not the sharpest like Stingers but I looked at Slick Tricks and thought these were sharper, it was kinda tough for me to test them extensively for sharpness, since the blades dont remove.