Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 PEEP SIGHT recommendations >

PEEP SIGHT recommendations

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

PEEP SIGHT recommendations

Old 08-20-2005, 01:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default PEEP SIGHT recommendations

When I bought my Parker bow 2 years ago, it came with a cheapo peep sight installed.

On my old bow, I actually took it off, because I couldn't stand it. At dawn & dusk, I can't see my pins worth a damn.

When I bought the new Parker, I also started shooting w/ release for the first time (finger tab in the past) I LOVE my new bow, and it is very accurate. I just want to upgrade my peepsight.

WHAT BRAND PEEP SIGHT DO YOU RECOMMEND?

Old 08-20-2005, 04:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PEEP SIGHT recommendations

I'd try the Fletcher Tru Peep myself ,I used to have the tube peep but after it breaking many time's I just couldn't trust it and I couldn't stand the noise it made as well.
I went to the Tru Peep and all my problem's have been solved ,it rotate's itself into position ,no more annoying noise from the tube ,and you can pick them up with 3 different sized hole's ,small ,medium and large hole .The large work's great for hunting .I went for the medium because I like to shoot 3D as well .They recommend the small for 3D and the large for hunting ,so I chose the med for both .For 5 buck's what more can you ask for .
Right now I have a no-peep sitting here ,but I don't want to try to use it sooo close to hunting season ,I had it on earlier this season but wasn't able to get it working .After taking the no-peep offI found that the no-peep wasn't the problem ,biut it was my string nock that was out of location .I'll try it again after the hunting season is over.

nubo
Old 08-20-2005, 11:19 PM
Typical Buck

I like my pro view angled peep.It's just right for shorter axle to axle length bows,and it has a 1/4" opening.I like tube style,but if you don't then I would recommend the fletcher that nubo recommended.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/vertical-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21424&id=0027620 416526a&navCount=1&podId=0027620&paren tId=cat600331&navAction=push&catalogCode=Q S&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat600 331&hasJS=true
Old 08-21-2005, 12:13 AM
Typical Buck

I went to the No-Peep because when the moment of truth came my string would be in the way of the peep. I don't have that problem any more and low light shooting is much improved.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I were to recommend a peep it would be for the Fletcher Tru Peep as Nubo mentioned. I'm no fan of the rubber tubing.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:49 AM
cap

Nite hawk peep sight
Old 08-21-2005, 11:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just use a common Shurz-a-peep. It works great and made a world of different when I got it installed at the bow shop.

http://www.cabelas.com/information/Archery/Shurz-A-Peep.html
Old 08-25-2005, 06:59 AM

Like nubo, I use the Fletcher Tru Peep. I like that fact the string is only split two ways, not three, so you always have a clear sight window. Of course, you have to have a string that doesn't twist when you draw back.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:28 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys.

Anyone else want to suggest one?
Old 08-25-2005, 11:29 PM
Fork Horn

[quote]ORIGINAL: ranchand99

I like my pro view angled peep.It's just right for shorter axle to axle length bows,and it has a 1/4" opening.I like tube style,but if you don't then I would recommend the fletcher that nubo recommended.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/vertical-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21424&id=0027620 416526a&navCount=1&podId=0027620&paren tId=cat600331&navAction=push&catalogCode=Q S&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat600 331&hasJS=true
[/quote]

Thanks, but this is actually the one I currently have on my bow, and it is driving me crazy. I need a bigger peephole, ...one that works better in lowlight

Quick Reply: PEEP SIGHT recommendations

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.