Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Jennings/Buckmaster G2

Old 07-31-2005, 07:52 PM

Default Jennings/Buckmaster G2

Anyone had or shot this bow? I am trying to decide between this and a BrowningMirage. Thanks all.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Jennings/Buckmaster G2

I think the G2 was a really nice bow when it was initially introduced. It has many excellent features that made it highly comparable to high end, top of the line bows from other companies that cost significantly more. Probably the only downfall I noticed with mine was the speed and potentially the draw length. The draw length ran about a half inch longer than advertised specs and the speed was slow by a good 10 fps for what it should have been considering the IBO speed rating and my typical setup.

Very quiet and fun to shoot bow overall though. I wouldn't mind buying another.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:00 PM

I bought my G2 four years ago and I feel it was a very nice bow the money then. I believe you can find one for about $400 now. I agree with PABowhntr about the draw length. Mine was about 3/4" longer than the cam was supposed to be but the bow came with 3 extra cams. I had mine set to 67 pounds with a 29" draw. My arrows were 28" long and weighed 386 grains. My average FPS was 268. That was plenty fast enough to harvest eight deer with it. It was quiet and had a fairly smooth draw. It did like to jump forward when I shot it so a wrist sling was mandatory for me. The only reason I sold mine was to offset the cost of my Bowtech otherwise I would have kept it. If you do get the G2, ditch the Shock Blocker and put a standard cable slide on it.

I can't comment on the Browning Mirage since the one I owned was the original one back in 89 I believe.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:38 PM

i've still got my g2 that i use to hog hunt in texas with!!!!! love the bow i find it super quiet...

but if you by one change the sting and cable they suck!!!! once i changed them my peep stayed in place and my rig was faster!!! good bow for the price!!! just my .02
Old 08-29-2005, 04:14 PM

Thanks all. I did pick one up last week. It was marked down to $299 brand new. I have shot it three times and so far, LOVE it. It's not a Hoty or a Mathews, but I feel like I got a bow twice as good as what I payed for it.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:35 PM

Congrats on the bow. I'm sure you will like it, I did.
Old 09-04-2005, 06:53 PM

remember change the string and cable get winners choice or vapor strings, gas strings, just something better i used Berry strings it will make a world of diffence because that string will keep stretching.....$50 - 90 will be worth the hassle and no headache later......
Old 09-06-2005, 05:38 AM

Thanks for the input. I will keep all this in mind if any issues arise, but so far, it's been great. I've had it out only about 10 times shooting.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:21 PM

I like the older Browning Ballistic Mirage bows - they were great.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

There were alot of older bows that will never loose their appeal no matter how much faster, quieter or more accurate some of the newer models are. Browning's Ballistic Mirage is definitely one of them in my opinion.

Quick Reply: Jennings/Buckmaster G2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.