Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bowtech Tomkat

Old 07-21-2005, 03:40 PM

Default Bowtech Tomkat

im thinking about working my way up to a bowtech tomkat after this upcoming season would that be a good descision over my 04 PSE fire Flite 33?
Old 07-21-2005, 09:44 PM

Default RE: Bowtech Tomkat

All I can say is, shoot it before you buy it (any bow).

I just got my Tomkat in April, and I am pleased to death with it. I shot some PSE bows, some Diamond (Bowtech's cheaper line) as well as other bowtech models.

I dont think there is a better bow package for the money than the Tomkat.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:59 PM

i would say that it is one of the best bows for the money because of the adjustable draw lenght, craftmensshipand price
Old 08-04-2005, 06:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

I like your thought processes. I think the Tomkat is an excellent bow but as the others stated, if you can, try it before you buy it. No two bows are alike and you never know how this one is going to fit you.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:47 PM

I bought one this year(June),And must say, Love it!!! But there are alot of Good Bows out there. I dont buy a new bow every year, so i gave alot of thought to this bow. And it fits me well, they are indeed higher priced then the last bow i bought like 12 years ago, But i guess what you have to ask yourself is can i afford this with out taking away from my many hunting trips that i take through out the year, i normally hunt Indiana/Kentucky and with the gas price i may have to stay home and hunt my land.But back to the Tomkat shoot one and you'll see why i bought one>>>>.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:36 PM
Typical Buck

A freind of mine bought one and loves it , just shoot one before you buy...
Old 08-24-2005, 04:03 PM

certainly
Old 08-24-2005, 04:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think that the Tomkat is a great bow ,but as other's said you need to shoot it for yourself ,what's shoot's great for me might not suit you,You have to use your own gut feeling on this bow ,but being a BT I'm sure it's a great bow .

nubo
Old 08-24-2005, 06:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think it is a nice little shooter especially for the price. A customer brought one into the shop last week to have it tuned and some new accessories installed. I was really surprised with how nice it shot. I will have to look at adding a few to our lineup.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:07 AM

I've had a Bowtech TomKat for about a year. HuntersFriend.com was selling a ready to shoot, all the arrows, release, sight, hard case for a little over $400. I paid them, later they e-mailed me saying it was backlogged several months.
Anyways it shoots very well, light to carry, the short length makes it easy to manage. The track on the wheel is shallow, and the string did come off once. The factory string is not the best, the serving does shift and periodically has to be slid back in place. Mark the bolts that hold on the limbs, as they do move. Little dab of fingernail polish will let you know.
A great little shooter for a small to medium frame person... My 6'5" friend finds is too small.

Quick Reply: Bowtech Tomkat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.