Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Slick Trick mania

Old 07-19-2005, 01:07 AM
Typical Buck

Default Slick Trick mania

Everybody's been talking about them, Can someone show me some pictures of what this head can do, All I see is talk, proof is in the picture. They have only been out 2 years , if they were that good why dosen't the major retailer's carry them. I understand that they are a small company, why hasen't a bigger on bought them out? People swear by them but only a few have shot them, dosen't make much sense to me. Not tring to doubt them, but really, there hasen't been this much buzz about a product since the single cam came out. I hear they fly great, but so will a broadhead out of a tuned bow,is this just a happy medium for people who don't have time to adjust there bow? Since when did we take the easy road when it came to hunting. Maybe it's just common sense and I'm a tough learner, but people make it sound like it's the best thing to hit in years and most of them haven't even used them. Those of you whom have shot them and harvested animals and were impressed with the head should be the only ones talking. This is not ment to offend anyone , just making some realistic observations.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Slick Trick mania

This will be my 3rd year using them. So I am qualified to tell you how good they are.

4 blades.....huge holes.....awesome penetration.....crazy blood trails.

If that's not good enough for you thenI don't know what is..

Exit hole pic. You be the judge.

Old 07-19-2005, 07:38 AM
Fork Horn

The Slick Tricks have been out longer than 2 years. I have been using them for 3 years, and they were around for awhile before I used them just not many people talked about them. I have harvested 12 animals with Tricks, and the results were impressive. I have been able to watch all 12 animals go down from the stand. Great bloodtrails, and durability. The things that sold me on Slick Tricks was the unbelievable accuracy, and blade retention. I have never had such confidence in a broadhead, and I shot Muzzy's and Thunderheads for years.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

lou-lou, About all the proof I could give you is in the target since I have not used them on game yet, and probablaly won't. I mainly shoot them through the compound which reallydoesn't get picked up too often anymore (Longbow Fanatic), but I can tell you that they are very accurate, durable, and sharp out of the package. If I ever hunt with the compound again, it would without a doubt be my go to head.

Those of you whom have shot them and harvested animals and were impressed with the head should be the only ones talking.
Nah, I don't think so. As long as a person explains their experience. Fibbing is another think.

buckeye, that is an impressive hole. Wow!
Old 07-19-2005, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

all the slick trick posts are anooying now[:@]
Old 07-19-2005, 08:46 AM
Fork Horn

lou-lou
I wanted a fixed blade to hunt hogs. I could not get muzzys to group exactly with my fieldpoints no matter how I adjusted my bow. Who knows maybe it was me. So after reading the slicktrick website and 5 shots I ordered some. They flew right in with my field points. On the hog hunt I blew it completely through a boar. We followed the blood trail at about 10PM. Are they the best? ForME yes.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:53 AM
Typical Buck

That hole is awesome, it's like it was shot with a 12ga slug at 20 yards. I'm immpressed. You don't see that kind of hole from a fixed blade, maybe from a mech, maybe. I want to know and see more .
Old 07-19-2005, 01:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Lou-lou,

I just ordered a 3 pack of Slick Tricks in 125gr. I too want to see what they are all about. I figured, I got $25 bucks (w/shipping) to spare, so I ordered them. They should be here in 4-5 days.

Butch A.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

I talk about the merits of the slick tricks all the time and while I haven't taken any pics I can assure you that they leave holes you wouldn't believe and blood trails are second to none.

All I can tell you is to buy one pack and give them a try. I honestly don't think you will want to shoot a Muzzy again. They are only $25 a pack. I know you waste more money than that on far less important hunting items than the broadhead you choose.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am thinking about switching from Muzzys. I have had many holes that big and some bigger from Muzzys but they do not fly exactly with my fieldpoints. Close but not exact. I have looked at all the shops around me and no one carries them or some such as Gander Mountain the guy never heard of them. lol I guess Gander doesn't have what I would call a full archery shop.

I am anxious to try these out. I wish they were a tad cheaper, I fling alot of arrows every year. Usually around 15-20 by the end of the year. That gets expensive with Muzzys, let alone slick tricks.

Quick Reply: Slick Trick mania

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.