Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Steelforce VS Muzzy

Old 07-12-2005, 12:57 AM
Typical Buck

Default Steelforce VS Muzzy

I must have written this thread 10 times over the last couple years, some will remember so please bare with me. For penetration purposes and blood trails which one. I 'm really stuck, muzzy's have proven themselves, but I'm hung up on these steelforce heads, there the sharpest on the market. Please tell me your stories of hitting bone with either one and the results, I don't plan on hitting bone, but gotta know what to expect. I want to shoot the best. I'm looking for some preseason confidence in my heads. Thank you, you folks are really appriciated.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Steelforce VS Muzzy

rib bones or leg/shoulder bones. Rib bones would not be a prob. with either head. Leg/shoulder bones are a completely different "animal". IF you hit the flat part of the scapula you NORMALLY pass through and then you can come on here and show us pics of the deer and say this head performed perfect on a 'shoulder hit'; IF you hit the ridge of the scapula, NORMALLY you will be on this forum with a different outcome on the 'shoulder hit' asking why you got 2" of penatration.

I wouldn't beat yourself up too much....either head is going to perform awesome in most situations. Just pick which ever gives you the best kill instinct!!! good luck