Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Arrow tracers

Old 07-06-2005, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Arrow tracers

Anyone see these things used on The Wild Outdoors? Anyone have experience with these? How do they work?
Old 07-07-2005, 06:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Arrow tracers

Never heard of them...and I don't get the outdoor channel. What type of gadge are you referring to?
Old 07-07-2005, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't watch any of those shows. I consider them a waste of time, when I can be out shooting and tuning. All most of them are is advertisements for whatever products are sponsoring the shows.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:40 AM
Fork Horn

I think you are talking about the lighted nocks and i have not tried tracers but i have tried lumenoks and like them they are pretty cool little gadgets
Old 07-07-2005, 10:14 AM
Fork Horn

I also saw the tracer nocks on The Wild Outdoors. I have not tried them yet butI am seriously considering them. There website is www.tracerarrow.com. One downside is the added weight. They are 25 grains each.(versus 8 or 9 grains for normal nock) This may not matter a whole lot.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've shot both the Lumenoks and the Tracers. Both have advantages and disadvantages. Durability goes to the Tracer but at the expense of added weight. Light weight and simplicity goes to the Lumenok. I just wish they could figure out a way for the Tracers to fit completely internal to the arrow instead of having to use the old school style glue on nocks.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:19 PM

well dude if you want to make homemade ones this is how you do it

1. Go to Wal-Mart or Bass Pro shops and get the Thill Nite Brite brand Bobber Light replacements. They're like around $2 or $3 each.

2. Take your nocks and get 2 drill bits. The first bit will be a 5/64 and the second will be a 5/32. Use the 5/64 to drill a hole from the insert part of your nock through the bottom of the fork in the nock. Try to center this hole as best as you can. This way when you release the arrow you will clearly see the "tracer" that follows. You can drill it out a little bigger but I suggest keeping it as small as possible so it's easier to track and not so blinding.

3. Next take the 5/32 and drill a short way up the insert part of the nock. Do NOT drill all the way to the end of the nock since this is the part that will hold the Thill Light in the Nock. Actually, you only want to drill about to where the line on the Nock will physically have the same outside diameter as your arrow so a little over 5/16 of an inch to 3/8 of an inch.

4. Insert the Nite Brite Light in the end of the Nock, It will turn on and this is not a problem since you want to get it in there as far as possible, so when you shoot the inertia and kinetic energy won't knock it out of the nock and down the shaft of the arrow to your tips.

5. To turn it off simply pull gently like you're trying to pull the battery our of the nock and it'll go out, if not you may have to wiggle it from side to side a little and it will go out.

You can make 3 of these for the same price as the Lume-Nock brand nock and these things have like a 24 hour burn rate on them so you just turn them on when you need them and off when you store them and you're good to go
Old 08-03-2005, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks! now i will be up tonite making these. cool idea!
Old 08-07-2005, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

[X(] my local wally dont have them. i saw them on line at cabelas. maybe my next trip .
Old 08-07-2005, 09:50 PM

Guys,,,

Do yourself a favor and check out “Archers Flame”, I use these and have had great results. Although a little heavy they do not seem to affect my flight out to 40 yards.

http://archersflame.com/

Quick Reply: Arrow tracers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.