Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Which rangefinder are you using?? >

Which rangefinder are you using??

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Which rangefinder are you using??

Old 07-22-2005, 10:12 PM

Default RE: Which rangefinder are you using??

leica 900
Old 07-22-2005, 11:08 PM

Bushnell Yardage Pro Sport. Good out to 60 yards or so but the thing eats batteries like an Ethiopian at Golden Corral!
Old 07-23-2005, 11:01 AM
Fork Horn

Leica 900- it has been well worth my money.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:26 PM

i'm happy with my bushnell trophy
Old 07-23-2005, 08:28 PM

I might be a bit crazy, but I went and bought the Leica Geovids 10x42 laser binos. I have owned Bushnells, Nikons, Swarovskis, and Leica lasers. I can say that if I just had to buy a laser it would be the Leicas 1200s hands down. But since I got the Geovids, I can't say enough about how much I love them. I ALWAYS use binos when I hunt, and these are nothing short of awesome. I shot a nice ground hog today at 50 yards using them. Pulled them up to see the hog, lasered him, dropped them back down on my chest and drew and made the shot. As simple as that. Eagle Optics has a super price on them. I'm going to Co in a few weeks, and these will be with me all the way!
Old 07-23-2005, 09:29 PM

I use the inexpensive Bushnell Sport. I doesn't hit ya to bad in the wallet and works just fine for all intents and purposes in the bowhunting woods. I also use it when hunting with my muzzleloader and have no problems getting it to pick up on a deer and give me a accurate reading out to around 200 yds. which is all the farther I would expect to shoot muzzleloading. I would however recommend a more expensive model if you were planning on using one for rifle hunting and ranging extremely long distances.
Old 07-24-2005, 05:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've got the Bushnell yardage pro compact 600. Bought it about 4 years ago. I believe it's discontinued. It has the rain, and zip mode , amonst others. Don't know why they stopped making that model but it's fantastic if you could pick up a used one. I even threw the box away knowing I would never need it to sell and upgrade.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:53 PM

I use the the Nikon ProStaff 440...light and compact and fits in my shirt pocket for easy access.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rick James

I just ordered a Nikon Prostaff 440. I have never used a bushnell, but have used a friends 440 and it works great and seems to get the most favorable reviews from the people on here and on AT.com. I picked mine up for $169 new on ebay. It should be here any day now.
I got mine and have now had a chance to use it a bit. I am nothing but impressed with it. I took it to the rifle range at the club and it was exactly dead on accurate out to 200 yards. I want to try it to 350 or so since this is the farthest I normally shoot at live animals. I assume it will perform well at those ranges as well.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:59 AM

Bushnell Yardage Pro works great!

Quick Reply: Which rangefinder are you using??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.