Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Which rangefinder are you using?? >

Which rangefinder are you using??

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Which rangefinder are you using??

Old 07-03-2005, 08:01 PM

Default Which rangefinder are you using??

Thinking about investing in a decent rangefinder. What is working well and what should I avoid?? Thanks in advance for your input.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:17 PM

Default RE: Which rangefinder are you using??

I like the leica. Its clarity is great and the ranging "dot" is reddish orange. Both great for low light. I have owned others, this was worth the money.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:06 PM

I have a leica 900. I have had no problems with it. If your just using it for archery there are some smaller less expensive rangefinders.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have the least expensive laser rangefinder on the market...the Bushnell Sport. For what I expect from a rangefinder it suits its purpose. No scanning modes and it isn't waterproof plus I would like slightly better optics than what it provides. All in all fine for typical Eastern PA bowhunting though I may eventually upgrade to something with better optics.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the Bushnell Legend which is small, and completely waterproof. I recommend it highly.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:21 AM
Typical Buck

I USE to use a bushnell yardage pro, that is until it vanished while hunting one day, ouch, that hurts the wallet. interesting though, it is a nice tool to have, but I didn't have time to range a single deer I shot (3) this year with my bow. instinct took over. I don't know that I'll miss it, but I believe that I will have to check out the leica's.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

In a bowhunting situation I use it to range trees or landmarks prior to a shot from the stand for referance.To use it directly on the animal would be a spooked deer in my opinion.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I tried a Bushnell first and didn't like it at all. Not very good optics IMO. I since switched to a Nikon Pro Staff and really like it. Its about the size of a cigerette pack and 100% waterproof. Plus, it allows you to adjust the focus for a clear picture.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:15 PM
Typical Buck

Leica 900.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:02 AM
Fork Horn

lieca is my favorite for bowhunting its light accurate and is good at getting readings through brush

Quick Reply: Which rangefinder are you using??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.