HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Got to Check out Dick's Sporting Goods (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/104012-got-check-out-dicks-sporting-goods.html)

nicolisd 06-27-2005 04:01 PM

Got to Check out Dick's Sporting Goods

Here are some of the things I have found on sale at Dick's within the last year:

1) Last week, 3 EZ-Hanger~$1/each crazy uh???
2) Nov. Tranquilizer 7.25" Camo~$14.99
3)Sept. Wasp SST Boss100gr 6pk~$12.99
4)Sept. 16ft Sling SeatLadder w/ Shooting Rail~$69.99

There were several other items that were clearanced b/c of Dick's taking over Galyan's stores,but the above were not so, just on sale. If there is one in your area I would check them out. I actually drive PASS Bass Pro to get to the Dick's in the Mall of Georgia.

bigbulls 06-27-2005 06:50 PM

RE: Got to Check out Dick's Sporting Goods

Just bought my son two packs of stinger 100 grain 2 blade heads for 8.88 a pack at Academy. That's almost half of what our store gets them for wholesale.[8D]

I wish Galyans hadn't sold out to Dicks. The stores sure were a heck of a lot nicer and carried more hunting stuff when they were Galyans. At least the ones I have been to.

PABowhntr 06-28-2005 05:00 AM

I don't doubt it. Walmart has similar sales after hunting season has concluded. Our local Dick's just had some sort of sidewalk/tent sale this past weekend but I did not have a chance to attend. I wonder what bargains I missed. ;)

kevin1 06-28-2005 06:42 AM

Our local Dick's has never really impressed me that much , but once in awhile you can score a good deal . This Fall they'll have to move down the street to their new location since the second largest Bass Pro Shops in the country is currently being built in half of the mall that they're currently located in . :)

hunohio 06-28-2005 07:02 AM

Personally, I don't think I would go back to Dick's if they were giving stuff away. Since replacing Galyan's, the hunting department has gone from a quarter of the floor space to two short aisles. It's really pathetic.

NY Harvester 06-28-2005 07:40 AM

Dicks...yep. My local one is poop.

Pro-Line 06-28-2005 07:44 AM

Our local Dicks is a joke. Their hunting/fishing department is about 30x30...and their prices aren't great.

Rick James 06-28-2005 06:14 PM

I went today looking for camo burlap for some stands I am building. While I was there I scored on a pair of scent lok gloves and a savannah scent lok coverall for $90 together. There were lots of other smoking deals too, but I left before I spent any more money.

MrBill 06-28-2005 07:53 PM

Yep I deffinetly agree with NY Harvester there are 3 in the Syracuse area and they all have the same snoty attitude.
I have not been there in 3 yrs They didn't have time to help me with any possible bow selection .. I walked in there planning on purchasing everything needed to start over new,treestand,bow and all the accesories,even camo.Needles to say i left emptyhanded ,
so i came home and ordered everything i needed from Cabelas .
Now we have a Gander Mountain in the area walked in there and left almost as fast , they had hired some of Dicks snoty employees.
So now i go to BassPro or oder from Cabelas.
I don't even know anbody that does still shops at Dicks
Bill

lte_622 06-29-2005 04:38 PM

i have niether of those stores in the DFW area