Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Parker Buck-Shot or Hoyt Rintec? >

Parker Buck-Shot or Hoyt Rintec?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Parker Buck-Shot or Hoyt Rintec?

Old 06-27-2005, 01:13 PM

Default Parker Buck-Shot or Hoyt Rintec?

I’m in search of a new bow for my 12 year old son. He is small for his age, about the size of most 9 year olds. He has about a 20” draw and can pull back about 25 lbs comfortably. We have been to a few shops and the two bows that stand out are the Parker Buck-Shot and Hoyt Rintec. He likes both and would be happy with either but he says at the same weight the Hoyt is a little harder to pull. The bows are in the same price range $260-$290, both come with lifetime guarantees and both seem very will made. The Parker seems to have a better growth plan. For $50 you can send the bow back and they will upgrade the limbs and let you keep the old ones. Hoyt did not have a program but said that new limbs would run around $105 installed. Both bows have a very wide draw length range 18-28" on the Buck-Shot and 18-26" on the Rintec. With upgraded limbs both bows max out at 50 lbs draw weight. I thought if I play my card right that this could be this last bow “I” will need to buy him. Now for the questions. Does anyone have any experience with either of these bows? And if so what is your opinion of them?I know Hoyt’s reputation but I don’t know much about Parker. Does the Parker stand up to Hoyt when compared dollar for dollar? Cost of the bows are about the same.Am I being realistic in thinking that this bow could last a 12 year old 5-6 years? [/ol] Thanks for your help. I’m counting on your input. Roger
Old 06-27-2005, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Parker Buck-Shot or Hoyt Rintec?

My wife shoots a Hoyt Rintec 40lbs set at 30lbs with a 26" draw, and I'll have to say that it is a very nice bow conpared to most of the toy-like youth/ladies bows out there. It has most of the same tech as the higher end Hoyts, it's super smooth and very quiet. It also makes impressive speeds for a bow that only pulls 30lbs. I would highly recommend it.

Mike