HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   I just got the Trophy Taker rest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/100446-i-just-got-trophy-taker-rest.html)

mainehunt 05-16-2005 12:35 PM

I just got the Trophy Taker rest

I bought the Trophy Taker/Shakey Hunter fall-away rest yesterday. It took about 30 minutes to install and adjust it on my bow.

I love it! It is very quiet, total fletch clearance and very easy to set up.

I highly recommend it.

Kev

newman1 05-17-2005 05:20 PM

RE: I just got the Trophy Taker rest

30 minutes to set up a rest,are you crazy?????????I bought a MZE and it took no time for me to set it up.......Of course i had my pro shop set it for me;)Just kidding .Congrats and good luck

mainehunt 05-18-2005 06:02 AM

newman1,
Yeah, to be honest the pro-shop set mine up too. Problem was, the guy didn't have a clue as to what he was doing! He had it all screwed up. It wouldn't even raise to the full up position. He used the bungee cord with the rest and I couldn't get it to raise all the way. I then served in the nylon cord and it works great. And, he had the center shot adjusted to be a quarter inch off to on side. So after getting home, I had to re-do it myself. More satisfaction, and that guy will never touch my bow again.

newman1 05-18-2005 02:26 PM

I heard that!

djkiller 05-18-2005 06:52 PM

you'll love it. never sacrifise price w/ the best.

easternshorehunter 05-19-2005 07:46 PM

ive had mine for a year and absolutly an awesome rest:D

Gundigest 05-20-2005 12:31 PM

I have had mine for a year also and I am glad I bought it. That new $50 one looks like a good simple rest too.

adams 05-20-2005 01:42 PM

So you opted for the shakey hunter. I'm glad to hear you're initally happy with your purchase.
We still need to get together and shoot sometime.

mainehunt 05-20-2005 05:45 PM

Adams,
Yeah, I love it so far. I checked out about 8 different drop aways and ended up with this one. My groups with the field points didn't change, but when I put on the broadheads, they immediately shot better! Much better.

Getting together to shoot? I would love to. Have you ever gone to the 3-D shoot in Manchester? Just north of Augusta? It's every Monday afternoon, cost is $6.

WKP Todd 05-23-2005 05:18 PM

I'm a sucker for simplicity! Trophy Taker makes about the simplest rest on the market! It's also the quietest I've used!