Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing
 Whats the point?? >

Whats the point??

Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

Whats the point??

Old 12-23-2004, 02:11 PM

Default RE: Whats the point??

Didnt know that.........I guess anythings edible, had coon before, tastes alot like lamb. Couldnt bring myself to eat a cat or yote though!
Old 12-23-2004, 03:47 PM
Fork Horn

I have a hog farmer who loves to take them for his hog to eat. I also use them for fertilizer. If you can get a big female and get it smoked just right they taste really really good the closest thing I can compare it to would be smoked ham. They have just a little different texture but are very very good.
Old 12-26-2004, 05:46 PM
Typical Buck

haven't ever bowfished.....yet. but the carp i catch on rod and reel i freeze and donate to the church for their fish fry.i have eaten many carp and just don't care for them anymore, but many people love them.
Old 12-26-2004, 08:45 PM

If your from Ill., and want to give it a try, pm me....we will get you out there!
Old 12-27-2004, 09:11 PM
Typical Buck

where are you from ejd?
Old 12-28-2004, 04:14 PM

northern ill.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:54 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: E.J.D.

No problem Rich....some of us are just a little tired of the anti bowfishing coming from other organized "sporting" groups interested in carp fishing. Glad you use what you harvest.....whats Mt. Lion taste like??
A lot like lean pork
Old 01-04-2005, 05:37 PM

Out of cold water and sandy bottom areas a smoked carp is excellent-we also used to pickle them and they were mightly tasty-but the fact of the matter is a dead carp is the only good carp no matter what you use it for
Old 01-10-2005, 05:22 PM
Fork Horn

Filleted boneless with the red meat removed - very good fried. Then the red meat can be used for bait or fertilizer. I've eaten them out of Table Rock Lake near Branson (about as clean water as you can get) and out of the lower Missouri River. Good eating from both places. Bigheads are even better.
Old 01-13-2005, 07:30 PM
Typical Buck

here in Alaska i bowfish for pike. one lake i just throw them away, polluted lake next to dump others if big enough are eaten. but even if they are not eaten for every one i kill will save numerous salmon, trout , and even baby ducks and baby muskrats. they were bootlegged into areas of Alaska where they are not native. fish and game wants as many as we can kill gone. they will stop stocking lakes when the pike arrive.
i got 19 this past year- biggest 27" smallest 5.5 "

Quick Reply: Whats the point??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.