HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowfishing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowfishing-51/)
-   -   can i put just a regular reel on my bow (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowfishing/64585-can-i-put-just-regular-reel-my-bow.html)

bobcat 10 06-26-2004 11:32 PM

can i put just a regular reel on my bow

i have a little browning bow thats is set at 45 pounds...can i just put a regular reel on it....just wondering..........new at bowfishing.....

E.J.D. 06-27-2004 05:55 PM

RE: can i put just a regular reel on my bow

a bowhunter and a walker man! you have a great looking dog there. i hunt a walker out of the banjoe dog....also run a couple curs and a feist.
a closefaced spincast reel will work great with some fastflight line, [200 lbs.] you can get a shakespear synergy, the big one, at wallmart, and the reel mount and line at www.sullysbowfishing.com ask for lance, hes a good guy. thats the set up i use. dont try using a spinning, or baitcasting reel, or mono. those reels could be dangerous when shooting an arrow, and the mono will break.

bobcat 10 06-27-2004 09:50 PM

the one pic is messed up........she has 10 coons that she treed......she is a nice hound.....u.k.c night champion...i have the big syenergy reel already.....but do i have to get the reel mount......then what.......tell me all the things i need to get.....i'm a poor boy:)

E.J.D. 06-28-2004 04:51 AM

well....a reel mount and an arrow...your all set! you can use a mount that screws in the stalilizer hole, or a side mount in the site mounting holes. and the line, then your all ready to hunt down some fish!

HAZCON7 06-28-2004 11:01 PM

Poe-Boy Special - Zip Tie a Zebco 202 on your stabilizer - don't forget to push the button!

Carpmaster 06-29-2004 05:07 PM

thats a good idea!!!!!!

bobcat 10 06-29-2004 05:15 PM

how do i tie my line to an arrow........

Carpmaster 06-29-2004 05:35 PM

You probably ought to get a good fish arrow i bought a muzzy with river point for like $8 and made my own slide with 2 zip ties a swivel and some epoxy.

MILLERTIME10 07-06-2004 11:35 PM

Double the end of your line over, then tie a half hitch about a 1/2 inch from the end. that should leave a loop at the end of your string. Then thread it through the hole near your knock. After you thread it through, then put the knock throuh the loop then pull tight. It won't come untied thay way, and it is easy to take your arrow off the string once you are finished fishing.

Bldhound 07-10-2004 01:11 AM

Yeah this is the only thing I use a Zebco (33) for but man it works good.