Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

Bows...

Old 06-25-2004, 12:02 PM
c j
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bows...

ORIGINAL: JRW

Buy one of each. On windy days you can tie a rope around the riser of the compound, throw it into the water, and it'll keep your boat from drifting.

classic!
Old 06-26-2004, 12:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well i haven't gone bowfishing yet even though its on my to do list, i would probably use an compound just because I been using that for just under an year but i think whatever you would be more comfortable using.
Old 06-26-2004, 06:50 AM

yea...thats the most important thing....if you use a compound and are comfortable with it,[or a recurve], use it for bowfishing. both have their plusses. the compound can reach out and touch a carp at greater distances, where a recurve is much faster to shoot when a snap shot is needed.
Old 06-26-2004, 04:04 PM

See, that's the thing. I'm just as comfortable with a compound as I am a recurve. I shot a recurve for 7 years before I got a compound so shooting one is like second nature. It's all a matter of which you guys think would be best suited for the job.
Old 06-26-2004, 04:14 PM

well...if you can shoot both well....in my opinion, definately use the recurve. the quickness, the ease of shooting , and the weight. but then..usually you can shoot a compound with sights alot farther out, say your boats in the mud, and the fish are out about 20 yds., that extra cast can really help...guess this is not answering your question, my advice...use the recurve for a few weeks, then use the compound for a few....then you can decide on the bow that suites your kind of bowfishing.