HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowfishing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowfishing-51/)
-   -   Bowfishing pictures and reports (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowfishing/63716-bowfishing-pictures-reports.html)

HNI_Christine 06-16-2004 10:58 AM

Bowfishing pictures and reports

Anybody been out lately?

My hubby and I went down to the Kankakee river last Saturday and met up with E.J.D.. I was hoping to see some gar or buffalo but the current was so strong that we just pulled off in backwater area not far from the launch. Plenty of carp in there. Between the three of us we took a total of 15 carp. We should have had more but ummm.... that darn refraction.... ya.. it was the refraction causing us to miss...... :eek:

Ed and I.

HNI_Christine 06-16-2004 11:03 AM

RE: Bowfishing pictures and reports

Yesterday evening we went out on the Fox River. It was my brother's 3rd time out bowfishing (ever) and he nailed three carp in three shots. Luckily, he missed the fourth carp. I'd never hear the end of it if he didn't miss at least once. ;)

Anyhow, I've created a monster. He's hooked now.

So... anybody have any stories or pics to share?

Bulzeye 06-16-2004 11:07 AM

Nice Fishing !!!
I was out the other day for the first time this year when there was little sun.
Couldn't see the fish very well, only shadows and it was really tough to determine depth.

After 12 misses, it was time to call it a day.
I'll go back when there is more sun.

I had better luck last year when I got this 15 pounder....

wihunter402 06-16-2004 02:26 PM

This is a pic of my son. He got these on his second trip out. It's 4 gar and one carp. I couldn't believe how small some of the gar that he got were. Next time I will be going with. I just hope I can shoot as good as he can. I taught him everything he knows.:D I just forgot it after that.[:@]

Red Hawk 06-16-2004 03:09 PM

some good shooting there from all of ya :)

E.J.D. 06-16-2004 03:54 PM

hey bulzeye! we are just bout neighbors..im just down the tollway in downers. have to go shootin soon! i think theres alot more bowfishers in ill. than anyone thinks...i rarely see anyone out there, but theres lots of water here.might spread them out.

Carpmaster 06-16-2004 04:08 PM

Nice pics of dem carp!!!!

johnkeltgen 06-17-2004 11:21 PM

Naw, no pics from this ol' boy! You think I'd be taking the camera out every now and again. Well, I normally bowfish around southern MN, mostly taking a few carp and more than a few dogfish (aka Bowfin)... killin' dogfish for me is more of a public service than anything else. Anyway, before I get too far off track here... I don't have a boat, but I know quite a few places that I can whack 'em from shore. I've been out around 10 times and the closest thing I saw to a carp was a muskrat! I haven't even SEEN a carp up close this year!!!! There's one spot I hunt that's a spillway for a local lake. Normally I can arrow around 15 carp a day with an equal number of misses (can't see 'em too well in the murk and current). This year has been a hard year for me to find carp and I can't figure out why. Even the "Ol' Reliable" spot hasn't produced. It's about a 2 mile hike along a creek and then normally you can arrow a TON of carp. But again, not this year. Anyone else here from MN that's having a problem locating those dang goldfish?

Sharpshot_71 06-20-2004 08:47 PM

I am from southern minnesota, about 40 miles south of Twin Cities. I havent had too much trouble. We have a lake lot on a nearby lake and they were rolling right off shore, we didnt have the stuff to shoot them yet but we netted like 15 of them. We had to make a quick run down to cabelas and buy the kit. They werent rolling this weekend but i did get about 25 shots or so but i have problems aiming through the peep sight, and still being able to see them in the water. I did manage to get one tho.

How far are you from the Twin Cities johnkeltger?

take-em 06-21-2004 09:39 AM

Hey
I'm from Mankato which is in southern MN. I havent gone out at all this year but I hope to.

Good Luck