Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing
What is the best bow fishing setup >

What is the best bow fishing setup

Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

What is the best bow fishing setup

Old 12-27-2018, 06:39 PM
Spike

Default What is the best bow fishing setup

Looking to get a setup. Want a descent kit since I will have it for a while. Can anybody let me know which would be the best. I'll be both on bank and boat. Pros and cons of the setup if possible. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-16-2019, 08:55 AM
Spike

i am also finding best fishing setup
Old 06-06-2022, 02:51 AM
Spike

Get an older used bow like a bear whitetail or something of that style with wheels not cams. You can probably find one for less than $200. Get a saltwater Zebco 808 and a reel seat at Academy and thats only another $50 bucks. Spend the rest of the money on gas for the boat. If you can find a Martin Rebel Recurve that is another good option. The rebel is now around 400 new so you could still go that way and stay under $500 with the reel seat and 808. If you really want a ams reel I have one i will sell you cheap just pm me, but if you are planning on shooting a bunch of fish it doesn't keep up with the Zebco.
Old 01-19-2023, 01:30 PM
Fork Horn

I have a cajun sucker punch. Everything I have missed has been me. Yep, I wouldn't mind a fancy vader or GNAT like all the pros have. But I can't say it would make me a better bowfisherman.