Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing
This guy hates bowfishing >

This guy hates bowfishing

Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

This guy hates bowfishing

Old 09-06-2011, 10:30 AM
Fork Horn

Default This guy hates bowfishing

This was posted as a comment on my bowfishing video.

"bow fishing (arrows with a string attached) cause many deaths every year because firing a projectile like an arrow with a string has the very likely outcome that the string snags or fails to feed string smoothly and cause the projectile to reach the end and fly straight back at the shooter. Bow fishing is only suggested for people who are starving and who MUST do so for food to stay alive"

Please watch the video and respond to this guy. Several anti-bowfishers are commenting and they need to be set straight by other viewers. Video Link... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDyciGpUN2w
Old 09-07-2011, 02:19 AM
Spike

Nice video. Good shooting. Would like one of them slingshots someday. Some people just don't understand. Let them take a fishing pole if they like. I tell everyone I can the carp for dog food for my three hunting hounds. Everyone thinks it is a wonderful idea. LOL
Old 09-17-2011, 04:33 PM
Spike

Went straight there and left my comment. I've had to deal with the same thing. Amazing the IGNORANCE in this world.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:10 AM
Spike

some people are just to smart
Old 02-14-2012, 07:11 AM
Spike

not enogh of these morons are getting punched in the teeth, and I dont know if thats because the new generations are so touchy-feely and full of emotions, ( everytime I turn on tv there is a grown man blubbering like an 8 year old girl) or if the water is bad and everyone is turning more gay like those fish in the potomac river near DC, or what the problem is but there are more sandal wearing sissies running their mouths and less men slinging them into the dirt by their ponytails

and that bothers me.

we had several people come up in their kayaks giving us crap one day on lake champlain last year, I was so restrained it shocked my buddies and I merely showed them the forts and educated them about our families histories in the area and the fact that were it not for our ancestors killing every native AND foreign people that bucked us there, they would not have the peace or ability to show up hundreds of years later and kayak on those waters with their Tofu and Coconut Water lunches.

that plus I didnt have an extra boat battery I could spare or I'da slit em and sank em.

IN many parts of the world people will happily kill you for only your clothes or boots, the fact that we have idiots who feel safe enough to run up to armed men and give them crap is testament that we have a safe and free society that works ...I guess.

I better go fishing, I am even crankier than normal
Old 02-14-2012, 07:19 AM
Typical Buck

i wasnt about to register to be able to reply,
but think most here would agree with you,
carp are an invasive nuisance, devastating many water ways,
take them out any way you can.
as long as its legal, i have no problem with it,
and for the sling? looks like great gear to have,
easier to pack and keep in the car than poles.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:44 PM
Banned

i have twice had a reel snag and neither time did the arrow fly back at me. both times the string broke. yes it sucked but simply tie a new arrow on and keep shooting.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:10 AM
Fork Horn

I guide bowfishermen and gator hunters with the same equipment for a living. I have had a few knots stop the arrow in my time but never had one snap back and hurt anyone. These people are fools and do not derserve my time explaining to them of that fact. The food chain usually weeds out those type people. Im afarid if I get involved only bad will come of it. I have no tolerance for antis. I simple would have to say study the facts.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by simong
not enogh of these morons are getting punched in the teeth, and I dont know if thats because the new generations are so touchy-feely and full of emotions, ( everytime I turn on tv there is a grown man blubbering like an 8 year old girl) or if the water is bad and everyone is turning more gay like those fish in the potomac river near DC, or what the problem is but there are more sandal wearing sissies running their mouths and less men slinging them into the dirt by their ponytails

and that bothers me.

we had several people come up in their kayaks giving us crap one day on lake champlain last year, I was so restrained it shocked my buddies and I merely showed them the forts and educated them about our families histories in the area and the fact that were it not for our ancestors killing every native AND foreign people that bucked us there, they would not have the peace or ability to show up hundreds of years later and kayak on those waters with their Tofu and Coconut Water lunches.

that plus I didnt have an extra boat battery I could spare or I'da slit em and sank em.

IN many parts of the world people will happily kill you for only your clothes or boots, the fact that we have idiots who feel safe enough to run up to armed men and give them crap is testament that we have a safe and free society that works ...I guess.

I better go fishing, I am even crankier than normal
lol...bow fishing carp is fun! Ive shot 8 or 9 I need to get a new rig for my bow...i havent been in many years..
Old 03-03-2013, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Agreed. These folks are total idiots. My bow shot at 80# and not once have I had a shock cord tangle. Same with my speargun. They are the sort that goes to the market and into the pork tree section for their lunch. Browse and pick the best porkchop. OH! I NEED A FISH TOO! WHERE IS THE FISH TREES?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.