Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

Good Recurve?

Old 01-23-2011, 04:41 PM
Spike

Default Good Recurve?

What is a good recurve for bowfishing? And what draw weight should I go with? I use a razoredge for deer hunting, so this recurve would be strictly for fishing. I am buying a recurve in order to snap shoot, and plus it's a pain to switch my setup.

I am looking to spend 100 to 150
Old 01-23-2011, 05:47 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by BowShotOutdoors
What is a good recurve for bowfishing? And what draw weight should I go with? I use a razoredge for deer hunting, so this recurve would be strictly for fishing. I am buying a recurve in order to snap shoot, and plus it's a pain to switch my setup.

I am looking to spend 100 to 150
Would definatly go with 50# @28. Lots of takedown recurves for 150 to 200. Just make sure inserts are installed. Yes nice to have a deticated bow for fishing. That's what I did. As for snap shoot, you can do it with any bow. Just don't pull to full draw.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:47 AM
Spike

If you find one without inserts, 3 Rivers has a rubber strap on insert thing for accessories. Works great for quivers and reels. You won't believe how good it works.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:55 AM
Spike

Inserts? .
Old 01-24-2011, 12:06 PM
Fork Horn

Inserts? .
Inserts that provide a thread for attaching your reel! I use the rubber wrap around as my old Bear is not threaded and I really did not want to alter it. These work great.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:28 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by wheelie
Would definatly go with 50# @28. Lots of takedown recurves for 150 to 200. Just make sure inserts are installed. Yes nice to have a deticated bow for fishing. That's what I did. As for snap shoot, you can do it with any bow. Just don't pull to full draw.
As for inserts almost all of the recurves ive been looking at have built in threads for a reel.

And how can you snapshoot a compound bow with 75% let off?
Old 01-25-2011, 01:57 PM
Spike

As for inserts almost all of the recurves ive been looking at have built in threads for a reel.

And how can you snapshoot a compound bow with 75% let off?
Even the compounds made for fishing have letoff, you just don't pull it back that far. Done it many times with my hoyt
Old 01-25-2011, 02:39 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by wheelie
Even the compounds made for fishing have letoff, you just don't pull it back that far. Done it many times with my hoyt
Yes but letoff on a bowfishing recurve is like 5%.
I am getting a recurve so I can keep my compound my land-hunting only bow
Old 01-26-2011, 11:23 AM
Spike

I bought a Samik Sage for bowfishing. Its wood and looks nice but for the price its hard to beat. Its a takedown and inserts for a rest and reel/sight. I picked mine up for $119.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:32 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by cowboycrittergitter
I bought a Samik Sage for bowfishing. Its wood and looks nice but for the price its hard to beat. Its a takedown and inserts for a rest and reel/sight. I picked mine up for $119.
Im going to check that out. What is your draw weight? I also was looking at the martin jaguar

Does yours have an insert for a stabalizer?

Last edited by BowShotOutdoors; 01-26-2011 at 02:00 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.