HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowfishing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowfishing-51/)
-   -   Ocean Bowfishing Lots of Pics!!!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowfishing/254167-ocean-bowfishing-lots-pics.html)

eli243 07-23-2008 09:51 PM

Ocean Bowfishing Lots of Pics!!!!!

hey guys. havent been on in a while so i figured id show yall some pics of what ive been up to. just got back from the ocean trip. it was a BLAST yall have to try it. all the rays we shot were between 30-70 lbs and we saw one that would be pushin 100. we also shot some flounder, sheepshead, mullet, and spadefish.

left to right, me, my best friend since kindergarten jarrod, and my lil bro jordan
[img]/image]

[img]/image]

[img]/image]

[img]/image]

[img]/image]

[img]/image]

[img]/image]

this wasnt bowfishing it was a inshore fishing trip that we took.
[img]/image]

[img]/image]

[img]/image]

[img]/image]

[img]/image]

[img]/image]

Jim_IV 07-24-2008 06:10 AM

RE: Ocean Bowfishing Lots of Pics!!!!!

Dang eli, looks like yall wore 'em out allsummer long. Good shootin

Question, what kind out boat did yall go out infor the ocean bowfishingtrip? Did it have lights?

eli243 07-24-2008 08:14 AM

it was an explorer? boat; center console made for inshore fishing with a yamaha 150. i'll try to find a pic of it. but yeah it had 3 lights up front. i didnt think it was goona be that good but we couldnt shoot fast enough there were so many fish!

Greg / MO 07-24-2008 11:18 AM

This isn't an attempt at a smart-alecky question; can you eat ray? Just curious.

Jim_IV 07-24-2008 12:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

This isn't an attempt at a smart-alecky question; can you eat ray? Just curious.

I have heard that you can. I believe you eat the "wings"

eli243 07-24-2008 12:16 PM

yeah you can eat em. but we dont. they say that alot of the scallops you find in restaurants are ray/shark meat. ive tried it just cut in strips and fried. not bad but a little on the strong side.

BrushPopper 07-24-2008 12:52 PM

Wow! Killer excursions no doubt.

You guys were whackin' and stackin' em!

Shooting catfish was recently legalized here in Texas. Those look like some good eating-sized channel or blue cats there in that one pic.

Thanx for the post! Helps to get me fired up for this weekend.

BP

eli243 07-24-2008 01:09 PM

I don't know if shooting cats is legal here or not. Those fish came out of one of our ponds. I was using them for target practice cause we throw out floating feed and the fish come up to eat it so good practice. And they are channels.

RallySoob 07-25-2008 01:24 PM

that looks like a blast man, i gotta try that

MarquetteMagnum 07-27-2008 03:22 AM

good work