Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing
 Anyone Bowfish WI >

Anyone Bowfish WI

Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

Anyone Bowfish WI

Old 04-25-2008, 09:50 AM
Spike

Default Anyone Bowfish WI

Me and my bro have been bowfishing for a while but are getting a lil tired of going to the same spot everytime we go. SO i was justwondering if anyone knows of any good spots around central wisconsin and would like to show us around or justtell us about it. thanks
Old 04-25-2008, 11:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone Bowfish WI

I'm guessin you don't have a boat. Not sure where your located but I'll have my boat in Stevens Point at school the next 2 weeks. Goin out on the WI River to find some spots though. We shoot mainly at night though.Other than that I dont know where to go around central WI. Any backwater will do in about3-4 weeks when they start rollin.Petenwell is a great spot. WC
Old 04-26-2008, 04:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Check these forums out. I'm sure they can steer you in the right direction;

http://www.wibfa.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=7
Old 04-27-2008, 09:22 PM

me and some friends have been killing piles of carp here in madison. just shot a 38 pound buffalo carp tonight. if you ever want to join just email me at [email protected] or call the cell at 608 333 8107
Old 04-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Spike

i live in waupaca and y will ur boat be at the stevens point high school?
Old 04-30-2008, 11:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bowhuntertilldeath

i live in waupaca and y will ur boat be at the stevens point high school?
Lol. There is a Univerity in Point you know right. I go to college in Point and will have my boat here till next friday until I head home for the weekend and shoot a tourny. Just found some fish tonight pretty good. Shoulda filled the barrel easy but I had a newbie with and it was windy so it took awhile to find fish. Been shootin around the WI river and the big Eau Plaine so far this week. Water is pretty dirty and the fish are deep but hopefully with the weather warmin up this weekend and into next week the fish will start movin up shallow. Takin the gf out tom night for her first fish shooting adventure so we'll see how that goes. WCL
Old 05-01-2008, 08:44 PM

hey wingchaser, do you have any info on that tourney you will be shooting?
Old 05-02-2008, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I could get you some info. Let me know if this sounds interesting and you still want info I'd have to find out the guys number for ya...... Our club in Trempealeau is havin our tourny tomorrow. Next weekends tourny is a numbers tourny hosted in Goose Island (South Side of Lacrosse). They are all small local tournys but anyone can come. Top prizes aren't much, more of a for fun thing for everyone. Usually get anywere from 18-24 shooting them usually. Two man teams day shoots from sunrise till weigh in typically 2-4pm weighins. There will be one every weekend around the area every sat from tomorrow till first part of june usually. Entrys are usually $25-30. With big fish $20 entry for contest with 80% pay out. And 5-$10 entry for biggest fish, winner takes all. Entrys are for each boat with a 2 person team. Some you can shoot anywhere you want to trailer too or start out and some are restricted to certain mississippi pools as long as you make it back to the place for weighin on time. Start time is typically an honor system that guys dont shoot with lights and wait till they can see to shoot in the morning without lights. Like I said these tournys are more a bunch of clubs gettin together shootin fish every year and some times the winnings get donated back to the club and turns into a beer drinkin brat eatin hang out after weighin. Biggest winnings are only around 160-180 bucks anyways.................. Also there are all the big state shoots, mostly night shoots and a day shoot here and there sometimes. Those are a bit more higher stakestournysYou can look at those on the wba site. http://www.wibfa.com/tournindex.phpLet me know if you have any questions or want me to get you any info on those local tournys around trempealeau and lacrosse area. WCL
Old 05-03-2008, 10:32 AM
Spike

I would realy like to do that but the thing is i play baseball and have a job that i work almost all weekend and i do get into a few small tournys i would really enjoy a weekend like that. Me and my bro prolly wouldnt win but we sure would have some fun. We went this mornin and only got three in a hour but that was just walking up the bank of a river that they run on and they arent yet we were just getting an idea if they were runing yet. If any tournaments seem to come this way at all let me know becuz i would want to sign up right away.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:28 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

the suckers should be running on the black river by now here in jackson county, I havent been down to check though, with all the rain/snow lately the rivers been constantly high, too high to bowfish anyway...

Quick Reply: Anyone Bowfish WI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.