HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowfishing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowfishing-51/)
-   -   Paddle fish (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowfishing/235953-paddle-fish.html)

WYObowfisher 03-05-2008 02:30 PM

Paddle fish

Is anyone out there going to be appyling for the Nebraska or South Dakota archery paddle fish tags. I have drawn three Nebraska tags and hopefully i will be able to again this year. Havent seen many people on here who go for paddle fish and was wondering if there was anyone else out there.

Jim_IV 03-05-2008 03:20 PM

RE: Paddle fish

Is a paddle fish the fish your holding up in your avatar?

WYObowfisher 03-05-2008 03:22 PM

Ya thats a 22 pounder i shot two summers ago. There a hoot to shot and even better to eat.

Shootstuff4570 03-05-2008 05:51 PM

a buddy of mine is tryin to shoot every freshwater fish possible that you can shoot with a bow(he's got lots of money and time...) and thats somethin he wants to go for but he doesnt know where to go.

Syoung 03-05-2008 08:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Shootstuff4570

a buddy of mine is tryin to shoot every freshwater fish possible that you can shoot with a bow(he's got lots of money and time...) and thats somethin he wants to go for but he doesnt know where to go.
Plenty to shoot in Kentucky and Oklahoma without getting a tag.

robow7 03-05-2008 10:08 PM

Oh goodie, I get to show off a fish that is actually larger than the dinks I normally shoot. As they say, even ablind hog finds an acorn once in a while :)

WYObowfisher 03-05-2008 10:49 PM

ORIGINAL: robow7

Oh goodie, I get to show off a fish that is actually larger than the dinks I normally shoot. As they say, even ablind hog finds an acorn once in a while :)

That guys a pig what did he end up weighing? I love going after them but i can only draw a tag here every other year it seems like. Where did you find that guy at?

robow7 03-06-2008 09:32 AM

WYO, it weighed in at 43 lbs. Now in KY, you can take two paddle fish a night without any special permits. These fish are funny in that one night we saw litterally hundreds and the next night maybe two in the same general area. I don't have a clue why. A friend of mine picked one up just after it had been hit by a barge on the Ohio River and it was missing a good deal of its head and yetit still weighed in at 105 lbs.

philip_grubaugh 03-13-2008 12:51 PM

Here in missouri you can't shoot them. But you can snag them. the biggest is 82lbs and the smallest is about 45lbs.

robow7 03-13-2008 03:59 PM

Phil, what's the limit in MO? I've always felt it odd that you can snag a certain amount of fish/per day but I can't "snag" them with an arrow. There should be a limitindependent onhow the fish were taken in my opinion. And don't even get me started on the whole jug fish/trot line catfishing = sporting and bowfishing for cats = not sporting????