Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

Paddle fish

Old 03-13-2008, 08:14 PM

Default RE: Paddle fish

The limit is two a day. and they have to be a certain length depending on what body of water you catch them on. i am assuming thats why you can't shoot them because of the length limit. you know it would be hard to get a measurement on a fish that you just glance and shoot at, you know what i mean. so i guess thats why.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:23 PM

ORIGINAL: robow7

Phil, what's the limit in MO? I've always felt it odd that you can snag a certain amount of fish/per day but I can't "snag" them with an arrow. There should be a limitindependent onhow the fish were taken in my opinion. And don't even get me started on the whole jug fish/trot line catfishing = sporting and bowfishing for cats = not sporting????
That has always puzzeled me to. I know a couple of guys who snag and they tend to be alot more succesful then any of us Archery guys are. The only thing i could think is them worrying about people shooting fish and having a arrow pull out?

Phil those fish you have thier are PIGS!!! I have shot three over the last six years and the biggest i have had is a 32 lber.
That makes since though with the size requirments of archery though.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:21 PM

yeah snagging is a blast. The season starts at midnight tomorrow night and i am pumped. the biggest i have caught is 82lbs. i hope i can break that tomorrow night. but yea the only thing that i could think of is the length requirement. i bow fish alot too. i rarely have arrows pull out. but who knows.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:54 PM

we are allowed to take paddlefish here (aka spoonbill ) you can get a free permit from the wildlife dept. here in oklahoma but you still have to place something on the fish after taking with your name and license number on it. my largest is 76 lbs with a snagging rod and 82 lbs with a bow. For better outdoors take a kid hunting & fishing it's our future. Randy