Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing
 hunting & fishing show oklahoma >

hunting & fishing show oklahoma

Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

hunting & fishing show oklahoma

Old 02-13-2008, 08:21 PM

Default hunting & fishing show oklahoma

We have our tank with platforms that we set up at hunting & fishing shows to let youth shoot for free to promote bowfishing, so far we have been the fan favorite at the shows we have been to. If you have a hunting or fishing show in your area that your club goes to we are offering to come out of state and set up and run and help you run the tank, all we ask is you get the spot for us to set up, and pay for motel rooms for me and a couple other guys making the trip, if we could raffle off a gun or something for the youth world championship that would be great we are offering to go to a couple of states a year if it don't conflict with other shows in our state we have committed to. thanks For better outdoors take a kid hunting & fishing it's our future. Randy
Old 02-26-2008, 06:16 AM
Spike

Default RE: hunting & fishing show oklahoma

You guys should try to make it out to the Ohio Deer and Turkey Expo, i realize this is a haul for youall, but i dont think ive ever seen anyone promoting bowfishing there, I think it would be a hit, ppl are always interested in it when i talk about it. You guys got the right setup tho with the tank, Im sure thats a real attn grabber, you're great for the sport, Good Luck guys!
Old 02-26-2008, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Our club did the same thing last year. We had a tank and some battery-operated fish that actually swam. We put blunts on arrows and let the kids have at em. They loved it! Our members were at a show in Graphton, Ill. last year, in the pouring rain, and the line never let up.

It's a great idea, and one that really helps promote the sport. While the kids are shooting, the parents are there waiting, and it's the perfect opportunity to educate people to the benefits of bowfishing. We had alot of people walk away from our shows seeing bowfishing in a whole new light.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:45 PM

nfleming339 you get someone to cover our motel for the show and get us a spot we would come if we have enough notice and it does not hit on anything we have committed to. thanks For better outdoors take a kid hunting & fishing it's our future. Randy