Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

Ebay Bows

Old 05-17-2007, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ebay Bows

I have a buddy who is looking to get a new rig for bowfishing but he doesnt want to spend alot of money ($250 is what the local bowshop is quoting) on a brand new recurve if he is just going to bowfish with it. how trustworthy are the bows on ebay, i have seen some of the dealers say the limbs are twisted on the bows and others say the bows are in great shape. they are going for only $50,do you guys think it is worth chancing it.let me know
Old 05-17-2007, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Ebay Bows

I've bought and sold bows on ebay and have had good luck. I know others that were dissappointed. I think you need to be careful and buy from a seller that knows a little something about bows.

(I've seen folks who aren't familiar with bows list them and some of the stuff is quite amusing. I remember one where the recurve was not 'braced' but the string was on so that it was from limb tip to limb tip on the front. That's normal. What wasn't normal was that the person selling it took a picture of them drawing the bow with it that way. They were basically pulling it backwards [][])

The old pearson recurvesare pretty cheap. They're kind of long though. Old bear recurves are always going to go for quite a bit. Browning recurves are nice and short and are usually pretty reasonable.

The PSE kingfishers are less than 150.00 brand new.

Local archery shops around here carry old compounds for dirt cheap. I bought a left-handed Oneida here on the HuntingNet Classifieds for 125.00.

Good luck!

Old 05-17-2007, 01:45 PM

Hi,

I don't know about the bows using for fishing, but I've purchased (2) bows on Ebay, a Fred Bear G2 and a Grizzly Reflex and I have not had any problem with them...just make sure you ask all the questions you have BEFORE you bid...also make sure the seller has a good feedback...

just my 0.02
Old 05-17-2007, 06:07 PM
Fork Horn

All I bowfish with are cheap recurves off ebay. A twisted limb is easy to fix, and I make my own strings, so an old, beat-up bow is perfect for the price.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thank you guys, all your info has been helpful. i think we are going to go ahead and get one for him off ebay. thanks again