Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing
 Shotgun hunting carp >

Shotgun hunting carp

Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

Shotgun hunting carp

Old 12-13-2006, 05:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Shotgun hunting carp

We're talking about silver carp - 20# fish jumping 6 feet into the air. Sounds like fun to me. And any way to kill those vermin is a good way, and they are excellent eating.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry, that wasn't my post earlier (That was my nephew).. I never tried shooting Carp with my shotgun but did something pretty close - I shot one with a .22 once
Old 12-13-2006, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

southernstrut .... you have alot to learn my younggrass hopper
.. even though you are probably older than me
but we shoot carp with bows because its the quickest easiest way to take care of non native fish... other than harmful poisons..etc but you can eat carp i havent but i dont thinnk for leroy would care if the fish i sold him a fish with a hole in it ... probably around 20 pounds non the less

look up carp destruction.. or non native fish
Old 12-13-2006, 07:05 PM

I dont think its allowed in TN but I'd be all for it. I remember when I was younger I harvest numerous largemouth bass with a Remington 870 on my best friends dock. we'd go down before morning and when it got first light they'd be jumpin like mad and we'd lay into 'em.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:21 AM

southernstrut........

hey man if u have never tried this you really need to. this is a blast and if u feel like a road trip this spring i dont think any of us would have a problem taking u out and showing u what its about

if u enjoy bowhunting and fishing this is the best thing ever,.....plus it really does help u during the deer hunting season. so ya i mean if u got a place where ever u are from heck ill make the road trip to show some1 new how to do this....i was tought 3.5 years ago and now i own 3 bowfishing bows and gettin more so i can take people out and teach them so we can get this population undercontrol..

so ya if your interested message me and ill come down there also u should try looking at muzzy.com they got some pretty good dvd's and u will b hooked the first time..

mike
Old 12-14-2006, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know nothing about bowfishing or shooting silver carp with a shotgun. I used to shoot bream with a .22 down here in Alabama when I was younger just messing around, wasn't too sporting. Y'all sound like you really enjoy it though and so does everybody I talk to. When I read carp, I thought of just a regular old trash carp. I was thinking who in the world would want to eat a carp besides Leroy and his cousins? Is silver carp any good? All my buddies have been begging me to go bowfishing with them for gar but it just doesn't seem like it'd be much fun to me. Can you not catch 'em with a rod and reel? Or is it just that fun?
Old 12-14-2006, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

You need to cut the racist crap first, then come to the Branson Bow Bash and see how good common carp can be. When restaraunt owners try to get your recipe, you know it's good.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

southern some of the fish dont eat anything but plankton.. something that the native baby fish need
Old 12-20-2006, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Fishhunter

You need to cut the racist crap first, then come to the Branson Bow Bash and see how good common carp can be. When restaraunt owners try to get your recipe, you know it's good.
I wasn't being racist,there's actuallya guy in my town named Leroy that fishes for trash carp at the city lake and eats them....Seriously. But sorry if I offended ya.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw in the 80s where they were in Tenn. I think,in tree stands on a marsh with 30-30s 308s etc shooting northern pike!

Quick Reply: Shotgun hunting carp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.