HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowfishing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowfishing-51/)
-   -   Branson Bowbash (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowfishing/141284-branson-bowbash.html)

HNI_Christine 05-01-2006 04:53 PM

Branson Bowbash

Here are just a couple of pictures.

The weather was certainly a challenge. Nothing like launching in a down pour with lightening off in the distance and just hoping for the best. My 'good' digital camera died from all the rain.:( We got 37 carp in three nights... which given the weather.. wasn't too bad.

We took out two youngsters and two newbie adults. One of whom (who I won't name) the carp have apparently attached a tracking device to.[:o] The carp seemed to know he was coming and they fled the scene. We were only able to get two carp while he was aboard. After we dropped him off... we shot 14 more. Go figure.;)

George and his first carp. (shot in the pouring rain...)

Kendall and one of our young guests (he didn't get a carp, but did scare at least one and terrorized a floating pop bottle) :D

Our other youth shooter. Nick got this big deformed mirror carp. (17lbs!) Nick is only 13 but already 6' 3"!

My last carp of the trip was this 21lber. My new personal best carp.

We're thinking of making this a much bigger event next year. Perhaps a youth/Carpbusters event. More details coming.

bowman15 05-01-2006 06:10 PM

RE: Branson Bowbash

Looks like you guys had a good time, and a good turn-out. Hey Christine, who lent you that fish to take a picture with?

Seriously, very nice fish.

Always like the pictures with the new folks, especially the little guys.

Shootstuff4570 05-01-2006 07:22 PM

wow very nice job!

i hate the look of those deformed fish!! they jus look sooo fugly!

and nice job on the personal best!

Fishhunter 05-01-2006 07:27 PM

Christine is going to try to mount that mirror. I had to stop the boy from pulling the scales off to give to people. For a mirror carp, it was big. We saw some really big bass and catfish, too.

scmtnhnter 05-01-2006 08:05 PM

congrats christine on your pb .at least u got to go this weekend i got stuck at home !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nice pics of the kid to

HNI_Christine 05-01-2006 09:33 PM

There are two major challenges to mounting that mirror carp. One, a regular carp is hard enough because the scales are so big they want to curl when they dry. That mirror has giant scales ...... Two, the fish is all contorted... do I replicate the deformity and have people say... "boy, you sure are a crummy taxidermist" or do I mount it more normal shaped... but then take away part of it's uniqueness?

Scmnthnter, if I were at home I probably wouldn't have gone out. The wind and rain was that bad. But as George said after he was on the boat with us.... "Those guys are hardcore!" :D:D:D

scmtnhnter 05-01-2006 10:03 PM

lol cool christine !!! u hardcore alright !!!!!

carpsniper 05-01-2006 11:01 PM

The best compliment I got was when I heard George told Joe "Those guys are hardcore". Just look at his smile! That is after two torrential downpours. Look at all the smiles. Ian (in the red rain jacket),Nick with his huge mirror carp (way to go Nick) and Christine (she was soooo tired by that time)

Now THAT, is a good time.

the Razorhead 05-02-2006 07:12 PM

We saw some really big bass and catfish, too
I read that as "bigass catfish, too" and was thinking, "Ain't catfish s'pozed to be big?"