Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

it finally came

Old 04-10-2006, 04:02 PM

Default it finally came

dang it finally showed up today i ordered this 2 weeks ago .my new recurve showed up today actually just a lil while ago .its martin rebel set at 45 lbs .i will be usin only for bowfishin i goin to put my ams retriever on it and still use my muzzys .i goin here in a few to shoot it just to break it in then i will callin my brother tell him he in charge at work till i get back im goin to try it out tomorrow on some gar and carp like i shot enough of them anyway lol.i aint shot a recurve in over 20 yrs so this will be fun .i hope i hit the target .i will be back to tell how my practice went .later
Old 04-10-2006, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: it finally came

just what you need..........more shooting....lol jus messin with ya. have fun and good luck shootin!
Old 04-10-2006, 05:36 PM

ok im done . well no worries right now it took me forever to hit the target so the fish might be safe for a while lol .i know i forgot what it feels like to get slapped by the string dannng that hurts .i got a big ol welp on arm right now i cant believe the first shot o well i will live .
Old 04-10-2006, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

haha that sucks, so how many did you end up gettin??

by the way, this is whitecloudhunter, Christine changed my name for me!
Old 04-10-2006, 07:54 PM

o man i didnt know it was u danng . christine needs to give out a memo next time .man i cant wait to shoot it at some fish tomorrow .i need a camera person any volunteers lol . cool name by the way !!
Old 04-10-2006, 11:59 PM
Super Moderator

Good luck with the new recurve, I know all about the string slap. Some days I would shoot my longbow, selfbow and recurve and get string slap bruises from each one. Each bruise in a slightly different spot.

I bowfish with an Oneida now, I occasionally whack mythigh with the lower limb. That leaves some nifty bruises. []
Old 04-11-2006, 12:31 AM

thats a new one on me i never heard nobody gettin hit in the leg from shootin a bow .i know onething my arm still hurts lol o well its ok .christine u keepin up with the fish i have shot lol .
Old 04-11-2006, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

if only i lived down there! i would be your camera person(only if i got to shoot too!)
Old 04-11-2006, 02:33 PM

lol shoot ! ok man i would let shoot maybe lol .went today tried the recurve well i didnt do to bad for my first time i was able to nail a few carp the gar hard time with them but i had a blast and no string slaps lol .i would have stayed longer but had to come home pick the kids up from school lil weasels thats life do .
Old 04-11-2006, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

SC, I'm going to have to go back through your threads and count your fish.

(unless you've got a running tally)

Quick Reply: it finally came

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.