HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowfishing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowfishing-51/)
-   -   father and sons fishin adventure (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowfishing/138508-father-sons-fishin-adventure.html)

scmtnhnter 04-02-2006 09:52 PM

father and sons fishin adventure

well i didnt git to go huntin this mornin my oldest son begged me to take him and his lil brother fishin and so he can try his hand at bowfishin .well started out fishin for crappie again catch and released today .they both caught a few fish a piece .now the fun began i let my son ( he is 9 by the way , my youngest is 7 ) have the first shots of the mornin with he was shootin darton maverick jr set at 25 lbs .he missed on a nice carp i say went around 15 lbs or so .i told its ok it was his first shot at any livin thing with his bow and fish is real hard to hit .well after a few more misses he asked me to try and see if i could do any good so i got went to a new area that i knew held some gar i pull and they where every where with some carp thrown in .my first shot i nail a 8 lber then kept lookin i took 4 more fish and told my son come on up and try again .well he did and he missed some more fish so i just kept tellin how to aim lower than usual on fish finally after gettin it he nearly nailed a nice gar he missed by not even a inch o man i felt bad .after missin a few more he got tired he said that he was done so ol dad stepped up again for a few more hours before callin it a day the whole my youngest is in the back of the boat hollerin go dad go so i had some encouragement from the peanut gallery .when we finally left i ended up with a barrel full of fish i counted 21 gar and 13 carp they ranged from a few lbs to 30 lbs both carp and gar .my oldest says he his hooked on bowfishin i said u are huh he say yeah he wanted to go tomorrow well i broke his heart told him he had school he had to wait a while to go back dad wants to turkey hunt and he and brother have some tags to use their selfs so i have a up and comin bowfishin partner in my son i'm so proud of my boys and there mom would have been to if was still here with us .i cant wait till next weekend .

bowtech die hard 04-03-2006 08:03 AM

RE: father and sons fishin adventure

awesome deal, way to get a kid involved, I congratulate you.

Bulzeye 04-03-2006 11:28 AM

Excellent.
It's great how kids get so excited about it.

You're bringing those kids up right.

Shootstuff4570 04-03-2006 11:28 AM

man your jus havin a helluva time with all this shootin arent ya! but it sounds like your havin fun, so thats all that matters.

carpsniper 04-03-2006 12:06 PM

Great job! I hope he gets a fish real soon. You think he's excited now just wait 'til he's pullin' in his own fish. It will be like having two Ted Nugents in your boat. Because you're gonna go wild too. Good Luck! Keep us posted. We want to know when it happens. (Oh, and get some pics too please :))

They always said "If you go hunting with your kids, you'll never have to go hunting for your kids."

scmtnhnter 04-03-2006 04:07 PM

i let him read what all ya'll have said he was excited about ya'll were talkin about him .now he is after me to take again i told him real soon . i was goin turkey huntin this mornin but with all the storms movin thru i stayed home in bed .so hopefully i can back out tommorow try and for both again .i had a blast with my kids .

KBI-PREZ 04-03-2006 05:12 PM

Well nicely done on hte fish and like Carpsniper said if you think hte little guy is wound up now just wait. You will have to lock up the boat.......

scmtnhnter 04-03-2006 08:17 PM

you guys aint helpin me here .he is readin everything on here .he says he is not goin to school tommorow he wants to bowfishin he wants his first fish with a bow and wants me to film it .i keep tellin school first then we will go after turkey season or i hurry up and tag out i have 4 tags left .he has 5 and so does my youngest .so this goin to be a long season .i have created a real bowfisher here .i will never get to go catfishin at this rate . i might just take him tomorrow after school the lake aint 40 minutes away . i dont know yet if i can girlfriend or my mom to drop him off do i will be turkey huntin in the same place . so what do i do ??

robow7 04-03-2006 09:59 PM

Yea, it doesn't get any better than with your own son, this from last summer when he was 14.