Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

Onieda Bows

Old 03-29-2006, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Onieda Bows

i was lookin through quite a few bowfishing pics and i saw that there were actually quite a few people using Onieda bows. why do alot of people use these bows? is it cuz there pretty much like a recurve/longbow and there alot faster to pull back and let go to shoot?i was jus wondering, thanks
Old 03-29-2006, 08:25 PM

Default RE: Onieda Bows

I shoot an Oneida but not for bowfishing.. Actually I have three of them and not one is a bowfishing bow. Am working on getting a fourth and rebuilding it for fishing but they guy hasn't gotten back in touch with me. From what I see as far as bowfishing bows you do get the advantage of snap shooting of a recurve with the advantages of a different draw curve from a trad bow...

The other nice thing is you can either 1) set them for 35% let off which is nice or 2) even short draw them for even less lO... and 3) they just look cool.

I'm sure someone else with exp using them as fishing bows will have a better answer...
Old 03-30-2006, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

IL Rancher pretty much nailed it.

They're pretty snappy, they can fling a heavy fish arrow quite well and they're tough enough to get kicked around a bowfishing boat with out getting all hinky.

And they are really cool looking. heh heh

Old 03-30-2006, 05:49 PM

christine probably kicks hers around alot typical woman [8D]you wouldnt a man with glasses would ya ??? lol jk with ya christine i think
Old 03-30-2006, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator

Actually, my Oneida is older and thus, pretty heavy. I might chip my toenail polish if I kicked that bow. ('specially when I'm wearing my open toe sandals.) Bwahahahahaha!!
Old 03-30-2006, 06:37 PM

women !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol ( is glad i live in sc not in ill right now )
Old 03-30-2006, 06:56 PM

Kick a strike Eagle or a Aeroforce and you better be wearing steeltoed boots.. Those things are heavy, at least the one I put back together for a friend of mine was. My new fangled BE, Stealth and modified Pro are a bit lighter than than older bows, and easier to work on.. Thinking bout giving up on the BE rebuild and just buying an Osprey.. But how to explain to the wife... Maybe I will just sell my fishing gear to pay for it.... Is 5 bows too many? Wat, I mean six? Okay, you got me, I am looking at making a stick bow too but until that is made it is just a hunck of Osage orange so until than it won't be seven.

Old 03-30-2006, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

Only 5 bows? Lightweight.

I'm not sure you can have too many bows or knives orguns or arrows or rounds of ammo.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:14 PM

LOL, I bought all my bows in the past 12 months... That is the scarier part to me... I won't even get into my guns and ammo situation or all the fly fishing gear I have from wehn I lived out west... The wife's philo is a bit diffeent than yours after all, I don't even want to know how much stuff I have, that way I can't lie to her when she asks.

Old 03-30-2006, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

usually when me and my dad buy something, we walk into the door and quickly sneek it downstairs so my mom dont see what we bought[8D]

Quick Reply: Onieda Bows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.