HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowfishing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowfishing-51/)
-   -   fl's Gator hunt UPDATED W/PICS (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowfishing/111297-fls-gator-hunt-updated-w-pics.html)

huntnma 09-02-2005 12:08 AM

fl's Gator hunt UPDATED W/PICS

started off a bit later than we wanted , once we got there found out that he didnt get the crossbow she would have to harpoon it and cut it's spinal cord with a knife... we got out there just at dark........the bugs were horrible, no not horrible, traumatizing.....as soon as we got out of the truck they were swarmin' us....we were nervous, so we calmed the nerves witha a shot of turkey...we launched where a friend and his dad were killed in a airboat accident a few years ago and it was fresh in our minds and we hadn't ever rode with her nephew before so we didn't know what to exspect....we glassed the surrounding waters and saw a few sets of eyes and decided to head south , within 15 minutes we were surrounded by red eyes, they were everywhere...fl set up her harpoon, missed twice and the third time was a charm ...i didnt' get it on camera, it hapened so quick and i couldn't see, the bugs were blinding me,lol.......but i did get the bouy being dragged and everything from that moment on...she was freakin', lol........beyond happy and shocked that she actually hit it, lol.....she grabbed the line and started to pull it up out of the water but the hydrilla was so thick, her nephew helped pull the rope, got it up to the boat and then she had to get a second rig in it, it came out the first time, then she went to the back of the boat and stuck good and proceeded to get hooked in the arm with this HUGE fish hook, she wouldnt put the rope down so here she is with gator in one hand and a fish hook in her arm and i got it on film ,lol.... she was freaking....lol....finally got it up to the boat again, this time with both rigs in it, her nephew grabbed his mouth , she taped it off, then she was handed the knife and was told to cut it's spine, she's screamin' WHERE ? LOL....he showed her where to do it and she did it then she got the scrambler and scrambled his brain..we brought him on the boat and then ate publix subs and jammed out to chris ledoux(sp?)....went to look for a bigger one and the boat started to have engine problems, so we took it back....it was a great night , everyone was safe and she got her gator on the run which made for some intense moments...her harpoon shot was perfect, couldn't have been any better....we're tired , going to bed, will post pics in the morning, oh by the way , it's a 7 footer, good looking hide......tender meat.....can't wait for her to fry it up.....

Manco 09-02-2005 06:27 AM

RE: fl's Gator hunt

Sounds like you guys had one heck of a time. Nice story and glad you guys got to pull in
one of them gators...... Just one question, what is a scrambler?? Never heard of it before....
Can't wait to see the pics..........

huntnma 09-02-2005 08:13 AM

a scrambler in this case was a dip stick, lol....you insert in his head and scramble it up....she's going home now and will send me pics soon.......

Manco 09-02-2005 08:20 AM

Man, thats one he!! of a way to do it. Tough woman there. :)

fl.huntress 09-02-2005 11:28 AM

The fish hook didn't get too bad at all. It's super sore but you can't even see where it entered. It scared me more than anything cause I knew it was in me so I wasn't movin' and I was basically pinned up against the cage of the airboat with the gator directly next to me. Huntnma got the entire incident on film. It'll have you rollin' on the ground gaspin' for air. My knees are TOAST!! I guess I was hittin' the boat too hard when I'd jump down into harpoonin' position. They're gonna be black and blue.
The bugs were incredible. On the video you can see just how many were there tryin' to suck us dry of any and all blood content we had in our veins.
I'm not sure how the other hunters in the same area did besides one group of guys gettin' a nice 9ft. one, this Doctor got a 7ft. one , and then Huntnma's husband got his first gator. It was 7'4'. Hopefully everyone had a safe night. I've got one tag left so I'll go out once more. Hopefully now that I know what I'm doing we're going to wait for a big guy to come swimmin' by but if it's gettin' too late then anything with meat on it will be takin'. I'm only going out once more because of the gas shortage. We only used about a quarter of our tank. Had the gator in the boat within the first 45 minutes. I could got 6 more nights tryin' to get the big one but i'm meat huntin' and not trophy huntin'.
The pics didn't come out very good at all which kinda bites but at least we have the video.I've sent pics to Huntnma so hopefully she'll get them up after she wakes up.

huntnma 09-02-2005 12:38 PM

sorry about the size of the pics, i cropped them but they are still huge.......

Hunter06FlKy 09-02-2005 01:14 PM

great pics and an even better story. that must've been one heck of an adrenaline rush. sounds like lots of fun. i would love to try that sometime.

heeze gutshot shortee 09-02-2005 03:38 PM

That story has the makings of a good movie...""DOIN IT THE HARD WAY"" are you a writer?? and the ladies...twins??..you lucky duck

fl.huntress 09-02-2005 03:45 PM

yeah we're twins, huntnma is a whole minute older. :)

cardeer 09-02-2005 04:43 PM

Wow 2 good lookin ladies and a super gator.