HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Blades (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/blades-116/)
-   -   My deer hunting knife, now by White River (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/blades/427953-my-deer-hunting-knife-now-white-river.html)

VarmintSniper 05-13-2022 07:18 PM

My deer hunting knife, now by White River

1 Attachment(s)
After 14 years as a custom knife maker, I finally took the step into production. I've partnered with White River Knife and Tool out of Fremont, MI to build my hunter design. The knife is 7 3/4" long with a 3 1/4" blade of CPM S35VN with various synthetic handles. This is basically the evolution of what I had in mind as the "perfect" deer hunting knife. Works for me, anyway.

edmehlig 05-14-2022 06:06 AM

Any clip-point knives? Being dumb on the advantages between clip vs drop point knives can you enlighten me?

VarmintSniper 05-14-2022 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by edmehlig (Post 4403842)
Any clip-point knives? Being dumb on the advantages between clip vs drop point knives can you enlighten me?

Honestly personal preference. In my mind, the point of the knife ends up in the same place whether the spine drops off in a line or a curve. I've made plenty of both, but tend to make more drops than clips.

That said, where the point falls in relation to the spine of the knife does make a difference. I personally like my tip about 1/4" below the spine, but other folks like a straight back or upswept tip.

halenagreen 05-15-2022 11:10 PM

Prefer the folding blades. No moving parts so more durable and easy to clean.

hardcastonly 05-16-2022 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by halenagreen (Post 4403854)
Prefer the folding blades. No moving parts so more durable and easy to clean.

ok, just curious....how do you have a folding blade knife design without moving parts?
di you mean"

Originally Posted by halenagreen (Post 4403854)
Prefer the NON-folding blades. No moving parts so more durable and easy to clean.

ID fully agree with that

VarmintSniper 05-18-2022 05:21 AM

I too was curious about the folding blades with no parts :)

William B. Wallace 07-17-2022 11:24 PM

White River Knife & Tool built their reputation on offering high performance outdoor knives for hunters and other outdoor enthusiasts. Knife is extremely sharp.

Oldtimr 07-18-2022 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by VarmintSniper (Post 4403885)
I too was curious about the folding blades with no parts :)

Can't be done!

Chriss 07-19-2022 06:16 AM

i personally didn't recommend to buy any knife online until seen they offer refund policy. Once i bought a knife from Damascus Shop and found them quit better but i still not believe on buying online.

Timbr 08-21-2022 10:29 PM

It's obvious guys, you remove the folding part from the knife and it has no moving parts anymore :happy0157:
Jokes aside, I had horrible experience when using folding knives for skinning/gutting so I'm never touching those ever again. Using folder as EDC, sometimes for backpacking, but ain't using it as hunting knife ever again