Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Blades
Favorite Knife? >

Favorite Knife?

Community
Blades Cutting edge discussion for all things knife related.

Favorite Knife?

Old 09-13-2018, 02:10 AM
Spike

My favorite outdoor knife is the Buck Model 119 Special Survival Knife with Leather Sheath. It has all the features one will require for bush survival.
Old 09-13-2018, 04:07 AM
Fork Horn

Before I ever killed a deer, I bought a Sears Craftsman folding hunter, I think Schrade made it, it's exactly like the one in the thumbnail. This was in 1980 or so. I had a Sears discount at the time and didn't know better. I field dressed my first deer, 7 pt. Virginia mountain buck, with it. I still use the same knife today. Over the years, it's never let me down. It's field dressed many a deer and skinned many turkeys with no complaints from me. I don't feel ready for hunting unless it's on my belt.

I guess I'm a sentimentalist. I'd still use the same 742 Woodmaster if it hadn't developed an un-repairable action problem.
Attached Thumbnails Favorite Knife?-knife.png  

Last edited by Coastal Mountaineer; 09-13-2018 at 04:16 AM.
Old 09-25-2018, 05:01 AM
Spike

Buck knife
Attached Thumbnails Favorite Knife?-0129951440710160000.jpg  
Old 11-05-2018, 05:41 PM
Spike

I like Buck 110 & Case xx knives as my favorites.
Old 07-05-2019, 11:11 AM
Spike

Big fan of my Benchmade Barrage.
Old 08-23-2019, 07:17 AM
Spike

Default Off topic

Off topic post

Last edited by Bocajnala; 08-24-2019 at 07:04 PM.
Old 11-14-2019, 02:12 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by forty5
I like Buck 110 & Case xx knives as my favorites.
Must agree, the Buck 110 is a really heavy duty knife that holds a good edge for a long time.
As most of the time I end up using my pocket knife (usually sharp & have it on me - a Buck).

But I believe, that ultimately it doesn't really matter which knife to use for each task. Just make sure it is sharp and comfortable.
Old 11-16-2019, 02:37 AM
Spike

Benchmade Grizzly Creek
Attached Thumbnails Favorite Knife?-images.jpeg  
Old 11-17-2019, 08:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here's my favorite (priceless) EDC pocket knife:

(CUT 'n PASTED FROM FACEBOOK)
Thinking back to the gun show that I went to a few weeks ago... Not only did they have ammo, firearms, etc... but they had knives of all assorted types. I found an older gentleman who had a table with vintage knives. I saw he had some old Schrade knives and Old Timer, Uncle Henry, etc... from days gone by. I reached into my pocket and pulled out my dad's old 1973 Schrade 787 "Improved Muskrat" pocket knife. He instantly knew what it was and asked about it. I handed it to him and he looked it all over, opened the blades, etc.. and I told him the story of me being with my dad in 1973 up in the Adirondack Mts of northern NY on a camping trip with my family, when he bought it at the camp store. He used it all over the place, cut my fishing line with it, whittled with it, and (later on) even used it to scrape off the water pump gasket on my 1971 Plymouth Satellite car!

The older gentleman asked why one blade is shorter than the other (original Schrade 787's have equal length blades)... I told him that back during one of the camping trips, the old 5½hp Johnson Seahorse outboard motor, lost it's cotter pin on the prop, and the prop was spinning loose! We paddled to shore, and my dad found a nail in a tree (to use as a temporary cotter pin) and carved it out and pried it out with the pocket knife, and accidently busted off the end of one of the blades. Later on, after we were home, he used his bench grinder, and ground it down, fashioning it into the shape of a much shorter blade. You could just see the guy (and another customer) totally captivated by the history and stories behind my dad's old pocket knife!

Then, sadly, I had to close the story with the passing of my dad in 2002, and how my mom said that this very pocket knife was in his pants pocket on the way to the hospital, and how he always carried the pocket knife everywhere he went, no matter where. IBM business suits, camping trips, LaGrange Ambulance calls, Fire & Rescue calls, etc... it didn't matter, the old pocket knife was in his pants pocket. Then... (I took a breath, to avoid getting choked up) once I rushed to my parents house, after my dad had passed, my mom held out the pocket knife to me, and with tears in her eyes, she said, "He wanted you to have this..." and handed me the old Schrade pocket knife. I put it in my pocket, hugged my mom, and well.. I'm not ashamed... I fell apart...

I looked at the older gentleman at his table (and the other customer too), and both them them had a look on their faces that can't be described. The other customer reached up, put his hand on my shoulder and said, "Buddy, whatever you do, don't you EVER lose that knife!"

Old 11-17-2019, 09:48 AM
Fork Horn

I carry this SOG Flare everyday. I absolutely love this knife.

https://sogknives.com/flare/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.