Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Blades
I want a hunting knife, someone told me to get a Benchmade Adamas >

I want a hunting knife, someone told me to get a Benchmade Adamas

Community
Blades Cutting edge discussion for all things knife related.

I want a hunting knife, someone told me to get a Benchmade Adamas

Old 02-23-2015, 01:21 PM
Banned

I've used an oldtimer folder with about a 4 inch blade for years. I have literally hundreds of knives and it is still my go to for field dressing.I like that it has a good sharp point, I hate knives with rounded points.it will hold good edge for a couple deer. generally sharpen after each elk but generally doesn't take much effort to keep it sharp, just a few swipes over a steel. before each season I use a stone or lanski sharpener to get a good razor edge
Old 02-24-2015, 04:10 AM
Fork Horn

I have a small kit from Outdoor Edge that is some of the sharpest knives I have ever used! and they stay sharp for a long time! It's all I use cleaning my game!
Old 11-15-2015, 09:02 PM
Typical Buck

Rockport, I have used it now on a few deer and the Condor is doing great. I always hit it a couple times on the black Arkansas stone throughout the cleaning process,but I did feel very comfortable with how well it held an edge throughout gutting, skinning and quartering one buck without any touch ups. I sharpened it up before cutting front shoulders and hams for burger and it only needed a tiny bit of care. I can already tell that it is my favorite knife for the tougher tasks where I could end up hitting rough stuff. I need to look into what other styles, if any, Condor makes. Money well spent! BB
Old 11-16-2015, 03:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Beard Buster
Rockport, I have used it now on a few deer and the Condor is doing great. I always hit it a couple times on the black Arkansas stone throughout the cleaning process,but I did feel very comfortable with how well it held an edge throughout gutting, skinning and quartering one buck without any touch ups. I sharpened it up before cutting front shoulders and hams for burger and it only needed a tiny bit of care. I can already tell that it is my favorite knife for the tougher tasks where I could end up hitting rough stuff. I need to look into what other styles, if any, Condor makes. Money well spent! BB
They have a very wide selection.

Which one do you have?
Old 12-01-2015, 05:38 PM
Typical Buck

Anza knives, love them.
Old 12-17-2015, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buck 110 folding knife has served me well for about 40 years. I have gutted and skinned a dozen elk, 20 plus deer, and many turkeys with it. Holds a good edge and is easy to carry.
Old 12-18-2015, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got a Buck Special and the Buck Folding Hunter. I also have a bunch of other knives but the Bucks are easy to sharpen and do everything I need.