Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Blades
Can my teens by a hunting knife for me? >

Can my teens by a hunting knife for me?

Blades Cutting edge discussion for all things knife related.

Can my teens by a hunting knife for me?

Old 12-05-2012, 10:36 AM
Spike

Default Can my teens by a hunting knife for me?

As the name implies, I need to know if I can send my kids to buy a hunting knife (and some other gear) for me.
I'm a pilot (of the little vacation time variety) in the real world and my wife travels a lot for her job. We have a couple weeks coming up where we both have time off, so we were going to take the kids on a camping/hunting trip. But the old knife is dead in the water with no hope for revival.

They're 16 and 15, and I doubt that they would do anything distateful. I'd rather send them to go get it so that everything would be fine and dandy by the time we get back so that we can just go.

And since I just *know* somebody's got to ask, we have the Christmas presents hidden in the house and we're going to tell them where they are (and where the key to the room is) over skype. Jingle Jingle.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:38 AM
Spike

We live in Tennessee, if it matters.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:45 AM
Typical Buck

some states have a min age to buy a knife,
dont think TN has such a min age limit
Old 12-05-2012, 11:29 AM
Typical Buck

i dont know if there is an age limit for it but i tried to buy broadheads at dicks sporting goods and they said i had to be 18. I think that is the min age to buy a knife in PA. If there is such a law in TN send them to a family owned business, not a a big corporation or chain store.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:38 PM
Typical Buck

Were they able to buy one? It has been a while since I was 16, but if I remember correctly, even Walmart only required you be 16. Like I say, it was several years ago though and the political climates regarding weapons is changing drastically.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

I make it known on my website that you must be 18 years old to buy a knife; but there's no way to check. We do this becasue of the liability factor.