HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Blades (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/blades-116/)
-   -   Wood Sharp Knife and Tool Sharpener (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/blades/368932-wood-sharp-knife-tool-sharpener.html)

buckinrut1980 08-20-2012 11:17 AM

Wood Sharp Knife and Tool Sharpener

Has anybody used this product? If so how did it perform? I'm thinking of buying one

johnl 10-13-2012 10:28 AM

I use one as well. great for getting a razor sharp edge .I tried to sharpen a gut hook and I need a little more practice keeping the angle right I def. recomend this

Beard Buster 01-07-2013 04:31 PM

I recently got one because I sharpen a high volume of knives and wanted to make it faster. I have always used diamond stones, triangles, and especially Arkansas stones with great sucess. I was quite skeptical at first especially because any type of grinder or sander could take one heck of a lot of material off your blade and also heat the knife to the point that you destroy the heat treat. After getting a razor sharp knife the very first time using the work sharp and sharpening every knife in my house in a very short time, I was very pleasantly surprised! This would especially be useful for someone with a lot of odd shaped knives, anyone who requires often sharpenings, or someone who processes a lot of game. If you are looking into knife sharpening, you can save a ton of money on this thing. I can't even tell you how much I have spent throughout my life on sharpening stones. I do love the stones and will certainly never stop using them for some knives, but WOW the Work Sharp has revolutionized home sharpening and can basically make any average Joe sharpen like a pro. I don't usually endorse items, but I do think this company has hit a homerun and would love to see some more people support this entirely American company. Keep the good jobs in our country! BB

johnl 01-25-2013 04:56 PM

for any one worried about using sandpaper I work at case and guess what they use at the factory ? Yup you guessed it a belt sander then a polishing wheel

Beard Buster 01-27-2013 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by johnl (Post 4031214)
for any one worried about using sandpaper I work at case and guess what they use at the factory ? Yup you guessed it a belt sander then a polishing wheel

As I'm sure Buck does as well, and most other major manufacturers. It is too fast and consistent to use anything else. No swirling or imperfections in your edge, just a smooth, consistent grain down the length of the cutting surface. By the way, does Case ever experiment with steels other than the CV and SS, or the rare damascus? I am glad to know that you work there, johnl! I have collected Case since I was a kid, but am not yet a member of the CCC. That will change soon though. BB

johnl 02-03-2013 08:16 AM

I haven't been there long I think they use other metals but on a limited basis

Psylocide 07-08-2013 12:43 PM

Awesome spam, good work.