Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Blades
Best knife sharpener >

Best knife sharpener

Community
Blades Cutting edge discussion for all things knife related.

Best knife sharpener

Old 07-04-2013, 08:25 AM
Spike

I got a Chef's Choice electric sharpener for Xmas last year. It works great without taking too much off of the blade. It even allows you to select the bevel angle for different blades. Works well on my chef and paring knives. Here's a review I found of it if you're interested.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:43 PM
Spike

I've used work sharp and can easily say it's one of the best to sharpen all the types of knife blades that you have. I've seen it sharpening a blade the size of a sword and it works really well.

There are really some very good reviews @ http://www.bestknifesharpeners.net

Last edited by chriswpl09; 07-31-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:54 AM
Spike

Use the bottom rim of a ceramic coffee cup. Works for me
Old 08-13-2013, 01:02 PM
Typical Buck

Lansky diamond system.

The same great Lansky edge but accomplished quite a bit quicker. The deluxe 5 stone kit is about 100 bucks and less fancy models ( 3 stone ) can be had for much less. Actually the 3 stone unit will do everything you need.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:29 PM
Spike

I have both the lansky and the spyderco ...the lansky has not been out of the box for years.
Then I bought a Havalon.... not looking back...
heavy work knives I use the spyderco
Skinning and caping havalon all the way
Old 10-18-2013, 03:19 AM
Spike

Default Best Sharpener

It may sound funny to some, but I went to Ace hardware and, on a whim, purchased an Accu-Sharp sharpener for $9.99. I'll tell you what, it was the best $10 bucks I ever spent. I had a new Ontario Airforce survival knife that I'd left in the box for a couple years because when I got it, the edge was very dull, and I knew that putting a good edge on it takes awhile. I tried the Accu-Sharp on it, and BAMM!!! It's like a razor after several strokes. I use it on all my hunting/skinning/filet knives now. Also bought an extra for my hunting bag. $10, you get a good sharpener, and save money. What more could we ask for?
Old 11-30-2013, 06:28 AM
Typical Buck

Accusharp keeps knife makers in business by eating knives for breakfast. I got when when I was a teenager because it did put a decent edge on my knives very quickly, but I failed to realize how quickly you can eat through tough steel with tungsten carbide. I severely wore out many of my knives before I even realized what I was doing was so egregious. I use my WSKTS for big blades like axe, hatchet, etc. and Arkansas stones on anything I care about lasting for a while. I do however, have a new KME system en route that I am extremely excited about. It seems to be the most consistent and cost effective solution to take the human error out of sharpening. If you guys want to take a look at it, go to http://KMEsharp.com and watch the videos on youtube. BB