Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Blades
A Couple of Recent Handmades Knives >

A Couple of Recent Handmades Knives

Community
Blades Cutting edge discussion for all things knife related.

A Couple of Recent Handmades Knives

Old 03-12-2011, 03:46 AM
Spike

Default A Couple of Recent Handmades Knives

These knives both are 1095 carbon steel. Let me know what you think.
Attached Thumbnails A Couple of Recent Handmades Knives-knife-3-038.jpg   A Couple of Recent Handmades Knives-knife-3-010.jpg  
Old 03-12-2011, 05:51 AM
Spike

Nice little users, good design.A suggestion though,if you plan on making customs ,quit using 'Dymondwood" for your handles.While it is good quality stuff, it long ago became associated with cheap junk knives and that stigma still resides in the Custom knife world, making it hard to sell to collectors.Good quality exotic hardwoods are not much more but will bring you more in the long run.
The sheaths need some work but you left out one of the most important parts of the sheath, the welt.The welt, is a strip of leather usually between 3/8""-1/2" wide glued between the two layers of the sheath and then sewn through.Without this Very important part, you can slice through the stitching upon insertion and possibly injure yourself and definately ruin the sheath.
it only takes making a few knives to get most hooked so have some fun and enjoy the ride.Dave
Old 03-12-2011, 09:52 AM
Spike

Thanks for the input. My idea is to make user knives that I can sell for a reasonable price. There is a 3/8 welt but, your are right, you cant see it in these pictures. And you are very right, Im having a ball making these!
By the way, I looked at yours, very, very good looking knives as well as sheaths.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:13 PM
Spike

GA & DC,

Awesome looking work!!! GA, do you have prices set for the two knives shown in your post? And DC I did not see a price list on your web site, and hat's off to your wife. That's is a very professional looking web site!

Regards, Larry
Old 03-23-2011, 08:44 AM
Spike

Thanks, I do not have a price list because I make one off customs and each project is priced as to materials,and labor.I will make similar knives but I like folks to have a one of a kind.Dave
Old 03-23-2011, 11:39 AM
Spike

The two in this post are $60 each, shipped.