HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Blades (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/blades-116/)
-   -   Your go-to carry knife? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/blades/329422-your-go-carry-knife.html)

RedneckAsian 09-09-2010 03:49 PM

Your go-to carry knife?

What's your knife that you carry everywhere?

Mines an old generic folder. Works though...

genesis27:3 09-09-2010 04:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My go-to skinning knife is the Havalon Piranta Attachment 11857 I never have to sharpen it and its razor sharp. My utility knife is just a basic g10 handled folder. Pretty basic.

richwrench 09-09-2010 04:40 PM

Buck 110. I'm on my 3rd one now. I'm a mechanic, so I use (and mis-use ) my knife numerous times every day. My current Buck has finished off hogs, trimmed tire plugs, cut off fan belts & sliced salami all in the same week. I always break off the tip by using it as a screwdriver or small prybar, so they get short & fat before their time. My wife thinks I'm nuts, but I feel naked if I leave the house without my Buck in my right front pocket. Just pinch the blade & flick your wrist & it pops open with one hand just like an automatic. DON'T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT !

floor ya 09-09-2010 07:03 PM

if i'm wearing pants, i have a knife on me. for about the past 10 years its been a benchmade griptilian. i'm on my second one. i use it everyday for something.

DC KNIVES 09-09-2010 09:43 PM

I like to rotate my carry knives occasionly, but this is the one I carry now.Dave:biggrin:

genesis27:3 09-10-2010 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by DC KNIVES (Post 3679311)
I like to rotate my carry knives occasionly, but this is the one I carry now.Dave:biggrin:

You carry around a big ol fixed blade as your everyday knife ????????

Thats cool.

Champlain Islander 09-10-2010 05:22 AM

My pocket knife is a Buck folder

My hunting knife is an Alaskan guide series 110 by Buck

My skinning knife is one that I got for joining RMEF and the blade is like an ULU design but with a conventional handle. When elk hunting I carry my small Wyoming Saw for the bone cutting.

SWThomas 09-10-2010 04:40 PM

SOG Trident. When this one is worn out I will buy another one.

ButchA 09-10-2010 04:47 PM

My knife is very special to me, and I carry it everywhere I go (except if I have to fly on a plane...).

This is a 1973 Schrade 787 Improved Muskrat folding pocket knife that belonged to my dad. I remember when he bought it up in the Adirondack Mts of New York when we went camping back then. He carried it in his pants pocket every single day, no matter where he was and no matter what he was doing. IBM executive business meetings in a suit... Scrambling to save someone's life with the volunteer rescue squad and ambulance... Outside on the lawnmower, mowing the lawn... He always had the pocket knife on him.

Now the reason it is very special to me, is because back on May 5, 2002, my beloved dad passed away at 80 years old. This very same pocket knife was in his pants pocket on that fateful trip to the hospital. When all of us "kids" rushed home to take care of mom, she talked to me about some of his last words. He told my mom that he wants me to have the pocket knife and continue carrying it. My mom held out the pocket knife to me and told me what he said, and then all I remember is taking the pocket knife and putting it in my pocket, hugging my mom, and then, well, you know, I just collapsed into tears... :cry:

Champlain Islander 09-11-2010 03:40 AM

A priceless momento Butch. I can understand why you would be so proud to carry it.