Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Blades
Automatic knife? >

Automatic knife?

Blades Cutting edge discussion for all things knife related.

Automatic knife?

Old 01-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Spike

Allot of people use regular hunting knives for skinning or gutting. When i killed my elk this year, my buddy laughed at me when i pulled my knife out. He grabbed a new knife he started using this year, havalon knives, and started hacking away at my elk. It was unbelievable how sharp the blade stayed and that if it got dull, he carried replacement blades in his pack. They worked like razor blades (havalon are basically surgical scalpels that are a little thicker than razors), and one blade did (skinned and deboned) my whole elk and skinned the skull.

This is why we started carrying them, it might not be something you are interested in but they are fair priced, blades are cheap for as long as they can be used and it is really nice not to be able to not have to spend a whole night sharpening it. Needless to say, i replaced my heavy knife with one of the new lightweight havalon.

__________________________________________________ ____
http://www.bugsnbullets.com/Havalon_...g_mid_102.html
Old 01-18-2011, 01:17 PM
Spike

try knifezilla or pvk on google.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:27 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by genesis27:3
I am looking for a automatic knife that is affordable. Do any of you have any suggestions?