Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Blades
Favorite Brand of Knife?? >

Favorite Brand of Knife??

Community
Blades Cutting edge discussion for all things knife related.

Favorite Brand of Knife??

Old 08-06-2011, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have a favorite brand but rather have favorite knives. I have a handmade knife that a friend made for me and it holds and edge but it a little bigger than I like to carry on my side so it usually ends up staying home and I use it to skin deer. I have an old Imperial(USA) fixed blade hunting knife that a friend was using to strip wire with. I got it from him, took it home and cleaned it up and sharpened it. It has very good steel in it and also gets used for skinning and de-boning. I have a Gerber that my son-in-law gave me as a Christmas present and it's a great knife. It's easily sharpened when needed,easy to carry and holds an edge. My first deer hunting knife was an old Case XX 2 bladed folding hunter that I bought new for under $15 back in the early 70's. It has gutted and skinned at least 50 deer and still looks good and is near the top as my favorite. My everyday pocket knife, which I have used to gut a deer with, it an Old Timer camp knife by Ulster. They went out of business in the 60's or 70's and they also made the same knife an inserted a Boy Scout emblem on the handle. You can still find a lot of them on e-bay.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Spike

anza knives are hand made from nicholson files and hold a great edge by far the best knife ive ever used

www.anzaknives.com
Old 08-16-2011, 04:00 AM
WCW
Spike

Randall knives made in Orlando FL. I own nine. Bought my first one in 1954 at Bo Randall's shop and still have the sales slip he signed. They are expensive but are the best knives made and worth the money. We also have a full set of Sabatier Chef's knives which come into play at butchering.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

I like my case and I have a wolf creek knife that I realy like. Gerbers are nice too.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:59 PM
Spike

i like Swiss knives!!
Old 10-27-2011, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Case Double X.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:01 PM
Spike

Chris Reeve Knives........I have tried pretty much everything and nothing comes close, the closest is Rick Hinderer.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:14 AM
Spike

Case Fixed blades, Imperial folders, and Leatherman multi tools.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:10 AM
Dominant Buck

I have a whole drawer full of knives collected over the years ranging from a Randal on the high end to promotional knives given as awards from joining organizations like NWTF and RMEF. I have Case, Buck, Gerber, Schrade in the usual assortment of folders and fixed blade. The one I carry as my everyday hunting knife is a Cabelas Alaskan Guide series 110 folder. It has a different type of steel and has a great edge, is easy to sharpen and stays sharp better than almost any knife I have owned. The knife has rosewood handles with brass bolsters and is a really great knife. It comes with a nice heavy duty leather sheath.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm a KA-BAR fan. My favorite folding knife is one of their mule series knives with a tanto point blade. It keeps an edge well, and can cut, pry, and stab about anything. I've used it is as a can opener, small pry bar, skinning knife, and even an ax (hitting the back of the blade with a hammer). It's still in amazingly good shape.

My favorite fixed-blade knife is the USMC knife KA-BAR makes. It's just nice sized, has great balance, and will get and stay sharp enough to shave with. I've killed a bunch of pigs with it, and also some coons and other critters the dogs catch.

Just bought one of the zombie killer knives from KA-BAR. It looks a little radical, but for pig work, I like the size and the green handle makes it a lot easier to spot if I accidentally drop it in the dark. Whereas the USMC knife is better for stabbing the pig, this one has enough size and heft behind the blade to deal a fatal slice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.