Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Blades
Favorite Brand of Knife?? >

Favorite Brand of Knife??

Community
Blades Cutting edge discussion for all things knife related.

Favorite Brand of Knife??

Old 12-12-2010, 08:24 AM
Spike

I had a Schrade Old Timer that was a very good knife. Unfortunately Schrade went out of business.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:41 AM
Spike

Kershaw and SOG have been great for me. They hold up well in everyday use and fert/chemicals dont seem to bother the steel as much as other brands I have used.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:54 AM
Spike

Ol timers. hands down
Old 01-14-2011, 03:55 PM
Spike

Allot of people use regular hunting knives for skinning or gutting. When i killed my elk this year, my buddy laughed at me when i pulled my knife out. He grabbed a new knife he started using this year, havalon knives, and started hacking away at my elk. It was unbelievable how sharp the blade stayed and that if it got dull, he carried replacement blades in his pack. They worked like razor blades (havalon are basically surgical scalpels that are a little thicker than razors), and one blade did (skinned and deboned) my whole elk and skinned the skull.

This is why we started carrying them, it might not be something you are interested in but they are fair priced, blades are cheap for as long as they can be used and it is really nice not to be able to not have to spend a whole night sharpening it. Needless to say, i replaced my heavy knife with one of the new lightweight havalon.

__________________________________________________ ____
http://www.bugsnbullets.com/Havalon_...g_mid_102.html
Old 02-12-2011, 06:52 PM
Typical Buck

I remember my best friend as a kid had a knife that his dad gave him. Back then I never paid much attention but one day this year I forgot to bring my knife with me so I grabbed his on my way out the door. (We hunt out of his garage). Anyway when i got out in the stand I took the knife out of the sheath and really looked it over. It was an Olsen 4800. The knives came from MI but the blades themselves are solingen German steel. The knife was very well built and the blade was great. It had the sharpest edge of any knife I have ever handled. Not knowing anything about them I started looking on Ebay and found some but they come with a price tag. I put a bid in of $65.00 on two different ones and both times they went higher then that. I came across a guy that had 5 of them all brand new, never carried or never sharpened in the factory boxes. He sold me all 5 for $200.00 and I jumped all over it. I am putting one back for me and one back for my 1 year old son. I will use one and the other two I have sold to friends. I spoke with my friends dad and he bought the knives new in the late 60's and they were sold to him as kit's he had to assemble them. Olsen went out of business in the late 70's.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:00 PM
Fork Horn

always been partial to Kershaw (folders and blade traders) and Boker drop point fixed blade
Old 02-15-2011, 02:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Case and Buck! My Skinning Knife is an old Coleman/Western Skinner though, it was cheap 30+ years ago and holds a great edge for all my skinning needs! Bought it cheap when it was all I could afford, and haven't seen anything that would do any better in all these years now that I can afford what I want!
Old 02-26-2011, 09:23 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Bullet Hole Bailey
Really like my Bench Made Mini Barrage!
+1 for Benchmade! Made in the USA, tough, great steel.

I miss my Mini-Barrage a little bit, but I sold it for my dream knife -- a 806-901 limited edition with M4 steel-- so I don't miss it that much.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:50 PM
Fork Horn

My Custom ANZA Knives!!!! If you dont know about them look them up online. He is out of California and they are awesome.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Marbles knives are my favorite but you can't hardly find them any more.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.