Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Blades
What’s Your Favorite Hunting Knife? >

What’s Your Favorite Hunting Knife?

Blades Cutting edge discussion for all things knife related.

What’s Your Favorite Hunting Knife?

Old 05-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

Default What’s Your Favorite Hunting Knife?

Whats your favorite hunting knife?

Brand?

Style?

Type?

Fixed blade, or Folding?

Lock blade, or non locking blade?

Thank You.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

When hunting I like to take either my SOG Seal Team fixed blade or my SOG Trident Folder. When skinning game I use either my Remington Fixed Blade with a gut-hook or the fixed blade gut-hook knife that came with my Outdoor Edge Game Processing Kit.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

For me a Buck 110 folder has been used the most. I use a Helle Fjellkniven when I want a fixed blade.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:03 AM
Fork Horn

Kershaw fixed blade nonserated w/ gut hook. Rubber handle. About 19 years old, bought it off a Snap-On Tools truck when I used to work at a garage. Holds an edge very well.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:55 PM
Spike

Default fav huntin knife

i have 2 i carry in the hills one is my custom steve wheeler fixed blade and the other is my kershaw blur folder
Old 05-28-2010, 12:14 PM
bigcountry

I have dozens over the years, and love that cheap little buck vanguard with gut hook. Second would have to be the buck folder

Old 05-28-2010, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

I'm partial to Al Mar knives but they quit making the 'sportsman' model which was my favorite folding hunting knife.

I've gutted deer with everything from a single muzzy broadhead blade to my fixed blade buck knife. (one with the clip point and the black handle, 4" blade) My Al Mar had a great drop point for gutting and it held an edge really well. It was also very light and thin in the handle so it was very unobtrusive. Sadly, it has disappeared.

Now I carry that clip point buck knife as my 'hunting knife'. I've had that knife since I was a little kid. (which was a looong time ago) It's a crummy gutting knife, but as long as it's sharp and cutty it will do. Sort of sentimental too.

I also carry a dinky Gerber paraframe around. Mostly because it's small... and cheap. For a small, cheap knife it does well. I've had a couple of other real cheapo folders that would unfold whilst in my pocket. That's not cool at all.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:49 PM
Typical Buck

i have BUCK and BROWNING knives both are useless for cutting up moose ,both are stainless and not enough carbon steel , very low ROCKWELL in other words do not stay sharp ..i have an old hunting knife 4.5" blade [solingen made in germany] that is at least as old as me [66] and it stays sharp long enough to complete the job ..oh yes it is not perfect it will rust very easy if not taken care of [high ROCKWELL] so no more stainless steel for me ...but use whatever u feel is appropriate ..

http://www.worldknives.com/products/...o155-2215.html

Last edited by heinz57; 06-01-2010 at 09:36 AM. Reason: add link
Old 06-10-2010, 09:39 AM
Spike

Green handle folding Cadet Junior 3" blade. Takes and keeps an edge better than any knife I've owned. Got it in Germany 30 years ago. I would get another but can't find em anymore.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:58 PM
Fork Horn

I just bought a kershaw. I'm amazed at how sharp it is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.