Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Blades
Whts ur huntin knife? >

Whts ur huntin knife?

Blades Cutting edge discussion for all things knife related.

Whts ur huntin knife?

Old 11-29-2010, 05:52 PM
Spike

Here is mine this year
Old 12-30-2010, 07:02 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by cjgjr
Hmmmmmmm?
I have so many,
I would have to say the past yrs its been the buck vanguard series,the zipper model and without.
But this yr gonna give the Outdoor edge swingblade a try,Cause i always have trouble with the the guttn zipper clogging up with hair on the other zipper knifes.And the swingblade got almost the same knife blade design as the buck vanguard.So it will probably be my new fav...
I bought one for this year and took it with. I got to go to my boss's ranch and hunt. He runs a guide/oufitter service out of the ranch and is a Havalon dealer. My coworker shot his fat cow and she dropped on a ledge in a very awkward spot. My boss and I went to gut her and I handed him the Swingblade and said try it. He loved it, and as soon as we shot the next one he said "gimme that thing". He said he still loves the Havalon, but he bought all of his guides the Swingblade for Xmas. It zipped those suckers open like you would not believe. Guthooks always bind up, clog wiht hair and get hair all over the meat, those things DO NOT.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:16 PM
Fork Horn

I have 2 Old Timer's that i use, one was my fathers that was passed down, and the other is the same kind from the same era, one is a gut hook the other is a straight blade.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:51 AM
Typical Buck

i use a browning kodiak 3 blade knife.....great overall knife. i may have to try out one of those cutco's though....awesome reviews
Old 01-05-2011, 08:41 AM
Fork Horn

Buck 105.................I've had it for about 45 yrs... I finally broke down and sharpened it about 15 years ago......I carry a small ceramic steel in my pack and just touch it up if needed in the Field!!! been through 14 elk and a whole bunch of deer!!!!
It's a fairly decent for skinning, small blade works good inside a animal
Old 01-05-2011, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ONLY a good ole American made Case XX!!!!!

Old 01-06-2011, 01:22 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by genesis27:3
Have any of u used scalpels?
My dad does sometimes! they work very freakin well! he carries a couple in his fanny pack and they are way sharper than most buck knifes, we also use my ka-bar for bigger tasks like splitting the rib cage open.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:42 PM
Spike

Allot of people use regular hunting knives, even i have for a long time. When i killed my elk this year, my buddy laughed at me when i pulled my knife out. He grabbed a new knife he started using this year, havalon knives, and started hacking away at my elk. It was unbelievable how sharp the blade stayed and that if it got dull, he carried replacement blades in his pack. They worked like razor blades, and one blade did (skinned and deboned) my whole elk and skinned the skull.

This is why we started carrying them, it might not be something you are interested in but they are fair priced, blades are cheap for as long as they can be used and it is really nice not to be able to not have to spend a whole night sharpening it. Needless to say, i replaced my heavy knife with one of the new lightweight havalon.

__________________________________________________ ____
http://www.bugsnbullets.com/Havalon_...g_mid_102.html
Old 01-11-2011, 08:11 PM
Spike

I have two Bob Doziers, I love them. Nothing but the best IMHO
Old 01-16-2011, 01:46 PM
Fork Horn

I use a Buck omni

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.