HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Blades (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/blades-116/)
-   -   Whts ur huntin knife? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/blades/321268-whts-ur-huntin-knife.html)

needs_recoil 08-23-2010 09:01 PM

My buck 110 and 119 never leave my pack until time to go to work. I also have my grandfathers old pocketknife. The brand has been worn off of it many moons ago so I dont know what make it is. My dad can remember him sharpening it almost every day when my dad was a kid. Looks like 3 tooth picks. Got it when my grandpa died and packing it is the only way I have ever gotten to take my grandpa hunting with me. Turns out those little toothpicks are the best knife Ive ever had for caping the head out.

richwrench 08-25-2010 03:16 AM

A Buck 110 folder in ALWAYS in my pocket 365 days a year. Then when I hunt, I also carry a large fixed blade Buck on my belt. It's great for skinning & dispatching hogs when dog hunting.

blgoode 08-25-2010 04:22 PM

Here is what I have setteld in to using latley.

This one the smallest of the few I grab for.
Its what I call a U.B.O.B. (urban bug out bag). 1/8" 0-1 stock and green micarta. 2.75" cutting edge.

For a do more size I like a larger simplified Gremlin pattern. 3.75" edge. Bottom knife is another ubob and top is a grimlin.

My most used knife has been this one. The Companion pattern. 4.125" edge. Shape is more for around camp than in animals :)

vermont bowhunter 08-25-2010 04:31 PM

lol ,i gotta laugh at this one,,,now whats it for..deer size animals and down i have a uncle henry pocket knife,,if yall need more than that to gut a deer its a sad day,,,lol.
i have enough stuff to carry i dont need a rambo knife...lol,,come on guys come down to earth.

blgoode 08-25-2010 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by blgoode (Post 3669857)

No Rambo size here :D

richwrench 08-26-2010 04:59 PM

LOL - I'd love to see somebody jump on a boar hog covered with pit bulls & dispatch it with an "uncle henry pocket knife".

We don't care how you "do it up north", we got our own way down here, thank you very much. :rock:

jdhogg 08-26-2010 11:26 PM

uncle henry and buck 110.dont need a machete,id cut myself with one.:)

OutdoorsmanReview 09-19-2010 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by cjgjr (Post 3612850)
Hmmmmmmm?
I have so many,
I would have to say the past yrs its been the buck vanguard series,the zipper model and without.
But this yr gonna give the Outdoor edge swingblade a try,Cause i always have trouble with the the guttn zipper clogging up with hair on the other zipper knifes.And the swingblade got almost the same knife blade design as the buck vanguard.So it will probably be my new fav...

I've been using the Buck Folding Hunter for years. If anyone's looking for a Buck Zipper we're giving one away for free at OutdoorsmanReview. Buck Zipper Giveaway

Squirrels 09-22-2010 01:25 PM

Buck Folding Kalinga (in black).
I especially like that it's black so it looks cleaner.

huntershikes 10-05-2010 05:30 PM

Whitetail & Elk: Cold Steel Master Hunter (4 1/2" blade)
Turkey & Pheasant: Winchester Drop Point Hunter (3 7/8" blade)
Small game: Shrade Sharpfinger
Backpacking & Hiking: Benchmade Griptilian & Kershaw Leek