Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 need a list of different inline manufactors... >

need a list of different inline manufactors...

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

need a list of different inline manufactors...

Old 05-03-2005, 06:54 PM

Default need a list of different inline manufactors...

I am compileing a list for the son of a friend at work of the different muzzleloaders and their websites. He is a big rifle hunter and I think bowhunter and she has asked me to get him a list of the different muzzleloader manufactors. Since he is new to muzzleloading could you state why this gun would be a good gun for a beginner, etc, etc....

I am going to tell him that the Omega is a great gun, but the encore is better as you can get different barrels.

Any help is appreciated.

Paul
Old 05-03-2005, 08:54 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: need a list of different inline manufactors...

If you're looking in the Omega and Encore line of rifles, then money is not the problem. Almost any of the major rifle makers out there have a high end rifle that with finding the right load will shoot just fine.

What you should do is take the person by some sporting goods and have them look over the different rifles. See which rifle they claim fits them. What features of the rifle they like the best. etc. Being a young person fit of the rifle is real important if they are going to be shooting major loads. Without a comfortable rifle, accuracy can be hard to come by... even with the best of them.

Also, this might sound strange but do not overlook the traditional rifles. Traditional rifles might not shoot 200 yards but they have their own appeal all by themselves. They are accurate, hard hitting, and when you learn all the tricks with them and get them going, you have really accomplished something. Anyone can shoot an inline almost.... but a T/C Hawkins is a great time just shooting roundball. A Lyman Great Plains or Trade rifle is a pleasure to fire on a nice sunny afternoon.

just my two cents worth...
Old 05-03-2005, 09:29 PM
bigcountry

cayugad, you like all ML's.

You sure ain't a bigot'd ML shooter.

I myself am a Knight snob. But will reach out and talk to a T/C shooter on occasion.

Old 05-03-2005, 09:51 PM
Dominant Buck

bigcountry.. I can get along with any house of muzzleloaders as long as they don't blow up in my face or next to me...

Actually my little Knight Wolverine II is one sweet shooting little rifle. People who see me shoot it are always amazed because of the short barrel and the #11 ignition. I really like it. Then again my Black Diamond XR is hard to argue with when I shoot it.

Whether they are an inline, percussion or even flintlock, I like them all. They all have their own special appeal.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:22 PM

This is not a child that we are speaking of. He's a grown man that wants to find out more. Please help me out by giving me a list of the different manufactors. He has told his mother (who told me) that he wants to get all of his toys before he gets married. He is also a hunter who wants to get into all forms of hunting. I could help him with bowhunting but I'm still very much a novice in the black powder arena.

Paul
Old 05-04-2005, 06:37 AM
Dominant Buck

Knight Rifles
White Rifles
Thompson Center Arms Co
Traditions
CVA
Austin & Halleck
Remington Arms
Winchester
Lyman
H&R --- NEF
Savage Arms
Brutus
New Frontier
MDM

These are the inline makers I can think of. If you get into the Traditional rifles then you have to consider some of the custom gun makers out there and the list goes on and on.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:41 AM
bigcountry

This is not a child that we are speaking of. He's a grown man that wants to find out more. Please help me out by giving me a list of the different manufactors.
Bud, you got the internet. Do your homework. He gave you good manufactures. Goto yahoo. Type in Muzzleload manufactures.

Old 05-04-2005, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gun Manufacturers Website Listings
Old 05-04-2005, 08:17 PM

Cayugad and Triple Se7en--thank you.

Paul
Old 05-05-2005, 06:54 AM
bigcountry

What no thank you for me I taught you to fish, they just gave you a fish for the day. You know what they say.

Quick Reply: need a list of different inline manufactors...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.