Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Should I Purchase A Traditon Pursuit? >

Should I Purchase A Traditon Pursuit?

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Old 03-09-2005, 12:32 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Should I Purchase A Traditon Pursuit?

Wakeman

Old 03-09-2005, 12:44 PM

Yeah, he does kind of "go off" about the Spanish barrels but it may have some merit on a older discontinued model where there are a few pending lawsuits. Like I said earlier, those are just opinions of two particular writers and you sometimes just have to decide for yourself. When it comes to Wakemans review of both the NEF & Revolution, I have personally handled both and I had to agree with his pro's & con's. I was fortunate that my brother-in-law bought the NEF and my Dr. had a Revolution and I was able to handle and fire both of them. I will note however that my Dr. has since gotten rid of his Revolution as he wasn't satisfied with it for several reasons. It turned out that neither one was suited for me for various reasons but again I was fortunate to be able to examine them and not rely solely of one or two person's personal evaluation. When it comes to his arguments regarding Spanish barrels, I have nothing to say about them personally either good or bad since I do not own a CVA, Traditions, or Winchester nor have ever shot any of them. I do however now own a barrel stamped "made in China" that I don't know much about yet. Haven't read anything good or bad about Chinese barrels and this is the first one I've seen. I plan on shooting it this weekend so I guess I'll find out on my own.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:01 PM

I own the 26" NEF Sidekick and I love it. I do agree with the review regarding the ram rod, but its not a major issue for me. It has been very accurate for me so far. I'd recommend it to anyone especially at the $159 dollars it can be purchased for. From what I hear and have seen the BPI (CVA/Traditions/New Frontier) products seem to be very hit and miss on the trigger pulls also. I dislike heavy tigger pulls and with BPI it seems to be more of a problem then NEF. I won't even touch the issue Wakeman issue thats be rehashed here more than enough.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I recently looked at a Traditon Pursuit. Look like a nice rifle. It appears it would be easy to clean.

The only thing that bothers me is the "Made In Spain." Does anyone know anything about this rifle.

==============================================

Traditions has-had plenty of practice producing inlines the past several years. In all this time, they haven't seemed to improved any. I have no problems recommending a Traditions sidelock to someone on a limited budget, but quality-control of their inlines has been pretty spotty.

You can increase your odds immensely at quality, warranty, accuracy & safety by purchasing a Knight or Thompson Center.
Old 03-15-2005, 08:25 AM
Typical Buck

Other than a heavy trigger, I've only heard good things about the Pursuit.

I really like the balance and handling of the Pursuit Pro.

As far as being a Spanish Barrel, why not? Lot's of manufacturers use barrels made in Spain.
To my knowledge there is only one individual that is on a nirvana chicken little sky is falling rampage regarding an old recall of CVA spanish made barrels. Saying that everyting from Spain is junk. Rubbish in my view.

Shop around and handle as many rifles within your budget as possible.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:06 AM
Typical Buck

I have 2 Traditions inlines, one Evolution and a Centennial. I like them both, triggers are fine. I do agree that you generally get what you pay for. A lot of products can have a precentage of foreign parts and still be called Made in the USA. Not implying any of the Made in USA BPs are that way just a general statement. Cars go way out on a limb.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get a Knight